Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Ultimate RX

JWX

So, if the new owner and I are the only one's who know, then maybe you all should let us tell it, and since the new owner still wishes to remain anonimous, I guess that leaves me. UltimateRX has yet to move under it's own power. We have had the engine running several times, but it has never run quite right, our latest speculation is the fuel pump. When I did the WRX conversion on my Impreza, it had the EJ18 fuel pump in it, and it just didn't run right, after I put a performance upgrade WRX fuel pump in, it run great. Since Ultimate is using an EA82T fuel pump, that could be the problem. As for the clutch, it is still a problem, but now I know how to bleed them properly, so one of these days, we'll get that done. Right now UltimateRX is in storage, but I have told the owner that when I get my garage finished, I'd like to bring it back here so that I can finish what I started. That will probably happen in the Spring. With a little luck, UltimateRX might be ready for the next WCSS, but no promises.

Well that brings everyone up to date.

Once it is running, I'll be sure and dirve it and let you all know just how ultimate it is. :)
I can just about guarantee that I will drive it before you do Zap. There will be a full report here on the board after the first shake down drive.

JWX, when I promise to keep a secret, I keep it, no hints.

(looks around innocently) you know about that old military saying, "Loose lips sink ships." Right???!

wellll on that note... I'll just sitback(with regard to the ID of owner *AND* troubleshooting of UltimateRX) and take someone elses advice... "take care of my own backyard for starters."

I think I've said it before but, it bare repeating for sincerity(sp) sake this project is just one of many; why I have an obsene amount of respect for the benefits this board has fostered over the years. (growing paine expected, learning curves anticipated, patience given routinely, and tough love expressed when necessary)

oooops sorry...

/tangent ends.