Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Do many use MMO (I finally figured out this is Marvel Mystery Oil...LOL) on a regular basis....or only lifters are noisy?..when using for ticking lifters, how much is put in crankcase....is it left in for the 3000 mile duration?

I saw this post...."and running a can of Seafoam into the engine to burn out accumulated carbon (if there is any)"..........what is Seafoam?does it go into engine oil?...is it a good idea to use?

what is this mean....OB1...OB2....something about Generations of Outback engines?...can someone explain?

MMO: my father used to swear by it. I never really used it myself. Some else can offer info.

Seafoam: never used it but I'm thinking about it. Here's some Info:

http://www.seafoamsales.com/motorTuneUpTechGas.htm

OBD1 & ODB2 - (On-Board-Diagnostic) is the interface between the On Board Computer and a diagnostic reader. It displays reports from the car's computer giving details of proformance and condition of various parts and functions of the car. The ODB1 is less sophisticated than the ODB2 because newer cars have become more complicated and OBD2 covers a lot more.

Do many use MMO (I finally figured out this is Marvel Mystery Oil...LOL) on a regular basis....or only lifters are noisy?..when using for ticking lifters, how much is put in crankcase....is it left in for the 3000 mile duration?

I saw this post...."and running a can of Seafoam into the engine to burn out accumulated carbon (if there is any)"..........what is Seafoam?does it go into engine oil?...is it a good idea to use?

what is this mean....OB1...OB2....something about Generations of Outback engines?...can someone explain?

Hey..

1. Used MMO for 97 Legacy noisy lifters. In my opinion, did absolutely nothing.

I think all MMO is is simply lighter weight oil.

2. Never used seafoam but thinking about it.