Ultimate Subaru Message Board

93 Loyale wiring diagram please?

Does anyone have a link to a schematic/wiring diagram for a 1993 Loyale 4door Wagon- manual transmission? I need some help!

Fuel is not getting delivered through the Injector!

I also have an issue with my parking lights not turning off and I cannot find the connector to plug the Code Reader into! So a wiring diagram would go a long ways towards helping me.

thanks. sub

I have a drawing for an '88 model that may be close to your model.

One thing that can cut the fuel delivery is the lack of spark. Have you checked that spark is occuring while this problem happening?

As far as your parking lights staying on I would check the light switch on the top of the steering column to see it that is on.

http://www.main.experiencetherave.com:8080/subaru_manual_scans/

The above link (courtesy of Moderator Legacy777) is for a variety of FSM including electrical for 92. Might be of help. I wish these type documents could be gathered together and made available more obviously in Repair and Mods or under their own heading! Santa, are you still around?

So the ignition is ok then. You may have a bad fuel pump. One easy thing you can do is to see if the pump is running is to turn the key to the run position and listen for a slight hum from the pump motor as it charges the system. This will only happen for a couple of seconds. You may have to try to start the engine and then turn the key off and then to on and listen if the pressure is up already.

I have a multimeter and know how to use it. Just let me know what pins to check and what resistance should I be looking for?

I also found a '92 subaru manual. It talks about performing various checks (U-check,read memory, and D-check) using test mode and read memory plugs coinciding with flashing of check engine and O2 light. Going to run the tests now. Be back shortly

Thanks

Sub

Great! Things should be going good now.

I'm not real sure what the resistance of the injector coil should be but I seem to recall it is around 70 ohms and if you have a reading close to that then I would think that the injector is most likely ok and then check the signal to it. I assume that this engine only has one injector and is not multipoint injected.

If you want to check the voltage getting to the injector then you could remove the lead and check the DC voltage while trying to start the engine. Not sure what the meter will read as this will be DC pulsing signal but I would guess around 5 volts.

Did you check your light switch on the steering column?

Reading 5 volts on 2 pair of wires in the harness going to the single injector.

The resistance on the injector- dont have precise readings but assuming there should be 2 coils of resistance to match the harness wiring- one coil has a higher reading than the other.

Havent had time to look at the light issue- in fact laights dont matter if the car doesnt move!?

Sub

Light problem fixed. ID 10 T error. It was the switch-operator error.

Injector problem: (1 Wire bundle - 4 wires 4 pins.) One set has higher resistance than the other.

Note: red light on ECU is flashing 5 rapid flashes. I couldn't find the test connectors mentioned in the '92 series repair manual. Not sure if the '93 has the same configuration.

Not sure if this helps, but there is a two wire device with vacuum lines running to it- it was clicking about every 1.5 seconds- has a black round cap(?) that can be rotated- on left side of engine on top of intake manifold just to the right of the front left cylinder.

BTW- the wiring diagram we have been working with is for a Legacy-we have a Loyale.

Sub and son

Wow, those resistance readings are not anything like I would expect. Does your manual say anything about what the readings should be? It sounds like the injector is bad but I would try to verify that against a new one if possible.

To fix your ohmmeter you need a new battery that is used for the lower scale readings. The battery voltage is too low to set the zero on it.