Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Offroad Guage Cluster

MSSLGECKO

I have seen the older 4Runner SR5 package 3-guage cluster on the center of the dash..... But I didnt' expect to see the same/similar thing on an '83 Toyota Corolla 4WD (I think they're called Liftbacks) I happened to jump one of these last night and noticed the cluster on the dash.

I'm posting this, because I knew about the 4Runner one from this forum, but hadn't heard of the Corolla cluster.

Was it only on SR5 models? Is it hard to find in j/y's?

they didn't seem too hard to find. there was 3 of them in the yard at one time, though I don't think there are any right now...

I tied all the circuits together on mine, and have it tied into my lighting circuit, so when I turn on my lights, they come on too. one of the sets of wires is for the 4WD lights, so you could wire it to come on with your 4WD dash light. I just went the simple route. my 4WD light is on all the time anyway because of my lift....

all of the circuits on the guage are for lights. the guages are purely "mechanical". though 30 degrees is hardly enough. have easily been off scal both ways....