Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Subie Legacy Off-road Mods Website

subarumojave

Nice Legacy wagon man! Definatly turning it up a notch there for Legacy owners every where :brow:

So this is a suspension lift then with springs and shocks. Nothing else was done for lifting it other than bigger tires right? Nine inches aint bad at all for ground clearance. Angles must suck on that thing though for aproach/departure. Add custom bumpers to that list to gain some better angles :)

Action shots? :brow:

Nice job, looks like it's meant to be. I know a builder who is doing tube bumpers for those if you are interested. They look real good on the front and improve approach angles dramatically. Here's a pic of one on Rallitek's shop truck.

Side shot

baja_bumper2.jpg

Underside

SideViewSkidPlate.jpg

You'll notice that it has a winch mounted as well. It also has oversized tires but no lift. They are working on a lift kit for it though.

You should look into mounting a RX AWD tranny. They should take the power of a 2.2, and they have dual range. The Low range of the RX is nothing like the EA81's low, so you wont do much rock crawling, but its definatly an improvement :)

Might wanna think about adding 2" of lift, im sure mudrat could wip something like that up for you too.

-Brian

So, I am wondering where you got your springs? I am having a tough time locating a set for my Baja. Tried Xcelleration and others, where did you get yours?

Thanks,

Perry

Finished most of my mods on my Legacy this year.

Come and have a look:

http://offroadsubaru.blogspot.com/

Low range is about the only thing left to do, but I think I'll have to find a tranny down under in Australia, since there are no low range manual subie tranmssions in the states . .

KYB K2s and Scorpion Springs

2273705_7493b854c6_m.jpg

DSC01604

Originally uploaded by mojavesubaru.

The key to the whole deal is a combo of KYB K2 Outback struts' date=' and Scorpion Springs.

Scorpion Springs are from Australia, which is the mecca of off-road subie modification:

http://www.scorpionsubaru.com/

The KYB K2 Gas Struts for the 96-99 model year Outback provides the extra clearance for tires, and provides a nice tight suspension so brake dive and body roll are not issues.

iSR Performance in Fullerton did my install. Nice job guys.

http://www.isrperformance.com/

Here is the info off his site. Should answer your questions about his suspension mods

Yup. OB KYB Struts, Springs, Tires, Skids are only mods.

I agree about the angles. I would like to be rid of the stock bumpers. I am considering a Body Lift as well, but I don't want to get the center 'o gravity too high up.

. . . Action shots next trip . . .

Nice Legacy wagon man! Definatly turning it up a notch there for Legacy owners every where :brow:

So this is a suspension lift then with springs and shocks. Nothing else was done for lifting it other than bigger tires right? Nine inches aint bad at all for ground clearance. Angles must suck on that thing though for aproach/departure. Add custom bumpers to that list to gain some better angles :)

Action shots? :brow:

Perry,

iSR (which is part of Renick Subaru, Fullerton CA had the springs.

http://www.isrperformance.com/

I've seen a lifted Baja wandering around Orange County, so I know they have the parts for that wonderful beast.

http://www.isrperformance.com/scripts/showitems.cfm?cat=Baja-Suspension

So, I am wondering where you got your springs? I am having a tough time locating a set for my Baja. Tried Xcelleration and others, where did you get yours?

Thanks,

Perry

Sweet legacy man. I have a 95 legacy sedan and have fitted outback struts to the front but when I tried to bolt up the outback struts to the rear they made contact with the body bad, did you have this problem and if so how did you get them to fit. Any info would be greatly appreciated because now the car is immobile until I figure how to get the struts to fit, also did you have any problems with adjusting the camber correctly? any info as soon as possible would be greatly appreciated, because having no car sucks!

Thanks in advance

Looks nice! Gives it an aggressive stance. Hummmm.........uh oh the wheels in my head are begining to turn. EJ25 powered Legacy, EA82 D/R 5speed, t-case and solid axels. Look out jeeps, here we come! muwaaaaa:grin: Now, if I only had the cash and the knowhow.....................hummmmmm

I wouldnt worry about being tipsy with 4" or less. It's not really that drastic of a lift. Really just allows for bigger tires more than it jacks you up into the air. If the Legacy body lift would be anything like the older Subaru lifts then your center of gravity will sill be pretty low as your drive train will not be raised up but rather just the body.

Go for the bumpers first though :D

This is kinda along the same lines of the topic, so here goes...The other day when i was in Richmond VA, I saw a bumper on a Baja that looked like something mudrat made...I didnt know that those things were making it out to the east coast, or maybe I've just been under a rock for a while. :confused: