Ultimate Subaru Message Board

SouthWest Meet.

Well it's almost the first of the year.

There was that previous thread about a SouthWest get together.

Let's get it organized.

There was mention of Moab or Grand Canyon area.

How does eveyone feel about.

I have created a Yahoo group for those of you who would like to be involved in the planning of this event. Periodic posts will be placed on this thread as we get closer to the date.

here is the yahoo link http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Southwestsoobs/

Moab! It's been talked about, it's been done by some, now let's make it happen! Lets take over Moab in the spring and show all the jeepsters and yotas whats what! If we plan far enough in advance we can all make plans for the trip down, finish the work on all of our rides and spend a kick *** weekend drinking Soobs and rallying beer!

sure... i'm saying shoot for the end of march begining to late april will be best. i won't be able to work on the car till the begining of march or so. because of duties to my country in iraq and do to my leave when i return... i'll try to check out that group tomorrow.

Semper Fidelis,

Jared

sure... i'm saying shoot for the end of march begining to late april will be best. i won't be able to work on the car till the begining of march or so. because of duties to my country in iraq and do to my leave when i return... i'll try to check out that group tomorrow.
Moab Jeep Safari is March 19-27th. Prolly not the best time, or the week before or after.

On the other hand, we could attempt a total coup d'état and actually register our rigs in the event. It's open to all makes of vehicles.:grin:

count me in for a meetup in moab. any weekend but april 2. i think if we are meeting in moab, the emphasis should be on off road. as far as family oriented, i don't care, but it is moab, so nutty offroad adventure will ultimately be the theme. there is enough different terrain around moab that i don't think you need to put "restrictions" on the trip like you were talking before in the first thread about moab. anyone with a stock subaru on up could find something that is fun to do.

Agreed, it should be a weekend of total chaos. I'll be out of town for a wedding April 20th thru the 26th, but befor or after is cool with me.
Fruita Fat Tire Festival [mtn bike] is April 29th - May 7th. I'd like to be there, but I can see hordes of tourists on the local trails anytime.

Of course, it's not just any weekend that New Belgium shows up with 30 kegs.:drunk:

Just throwing a date out here, how about April 15-17, Fri-Sun. Does that mean taking too much time off, Roc?

I'd be up for something some time....

I'm usually down there that time of year anyway.

I'd like to get a few homies together to do a trip schedule for the various levels of vehicles/modifications.

It has been my experience that you can do 1 - 2 trails per day tops.

I have a dirtbag motel in mind too. Usually around $30/night :eek:

Glenn,

82 SubaruHummer

01 Forester

I have a dirtbag motel in mind too. Usually around $30/night.:eek:
$30 a night in April??! Must be way dirtbag!:cool:

I'll be camping, and I hope others are planning to do this as well. The hotel-going folks are welcome to come stand around the fire, of course.

BTW, I'd suggest anyone wanting to camp bring some firewood along. The recycle center usually has a pile of pallets for $1 a piece, but so soon after Safari they'll prolly all be gone.

Otherwise, it's gonna be $4 for a dinky bundle of logs.

obviously you've never done any wheeling in northern arizona if you are thinking it's all tame... flagstaff is a short 30 min drive from the canyon's. and i bet you i can find a ton of trails near flagstaff you'll beg for mercy! as for moab that's fine. but it has to be done in the later time frame. and i have to take a week off of work. but i don't get back from iraq till mid febuary. then get off of leave in the begining of march... still got to fix my car. and from the sounds of it drive it up there.

anyone using the planning board? guess not. sko' i'll get to you on that. i have some ideas.