Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Leaving civilization for Hawaii

So on January 7 I am going to go live in the jungle for 2 months (long story, short version: the daily grind sucks and perpertual camping rocks!), any board members live on the big island ?

oh and I wont have computer access most of the time but I will try to get on a couple times down there.

I sold a lifted hatch to a guy who moved to Hawaii with it. If you run into him or his car, tell Micah "Hi from Zap".

The hatch is an 82, grey with black hood.

So on January 7 I am going to go live in the jungle for 2 months
So, having recently shown that an ea81 will float, are you just gonna drive there?:lol:

I mean, if those Cubans could drive an old dodge pickup to Florida, I think a subie can make it to Hawaii. Might have some rust issues.

On second thought, I guess your previous wagon has already disproved my theory!

So, having recently shown that an ea81 will float, are you just gonna drive there?:lol:

I mean, if those Cubans could drive an old dodge pickup to Florida, I think a subie can make it to Hawaii. Might have some rust issues.

On second thought, I guess your previous wagon has already disproved my theory!

:lol: :lol:

Nope didnt win the lotto, basically I am taking an leave of absence for two much and am gonna be living on my buddies land down there (been saving up)

Northguy The nearest town will be Pohoa on the Hilo side I will be about 10 miles out of town oh and Zap I will keep my eyes peeled, apparently there is some good offroading down there, to bad I wont ave my wagon :(

Let me know if you want any info on da bes places fo go be touris'.

Capt. Cook is the onliest place I've swum with dolphins, but I've been the water with whales in North Kohala. Sweet 82 is right about the Turtles, but there's are also places on the south coast too. There's a bay down by South Point where the water is warmed by the volcano and it's a major turtle egg laying area.