Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Remote Starter Help, please

Hi Everyone,

I just found your forum today and it is great! I'm hoping someone will have some advice for me...

I just purchased an '05 Forester LL Bean. This car replaces my '99 Legacy. With the Legacy, I had a CrimeStopper remote starter installed, worked wonderfully, never a problem. I called the same place a few days ago to install the CrimeStopper on the Forester. The Forester came with keyless entry and alarm, factory installed. I was told that the alarm system only works with the original Subaru fob and I would have to carry around 2 fobs, the original to arm/disarm the alarm and the Crimestopper for everything else. I'm not too thrilled with that.

I've called the dealership to try to verify this and they have been giving me the run-around for 2 days and they keep trying to sell me their remote starter. They are still "trying" to get the answer and will get back to me tomorrow, day 3. Right.

So, does anyone know if this alarm incompatability issue is true? If it is, is there another remote starter out there that is compatible with the Subaru's alarm system? This is something I would not be able to install myself, but would have to have it installed for me.

Thank you so much for your help!

Rosana

Rosana

I am having a Crimestopper installed next weekend in my VDC

I did some searching and the site that has some info is the 12volt .com

given to me by another board member COSubes.

Here is a insert from the linked to post below

"Sorry, you can thank subaru for it. you can only arm and disarm factory alarm from factory remote."

Here is a link to the post, you can search the site if you register

http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?TID=44902&KW=subaru+remote+start