Ultimate Subaru Message Board

GTech Pro comparison post

XSNRG,

The Little G-Tech pro, is a great bang for the buck. The higher end units are even cooler to but for ~$35 the G-Tech Pro is worth it

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7952480910&category=33678

Finally remembered I had my G-Tech in the Impreza the other day

0-60 = 8.42sec

1/4 mile = 17.82 @ 84 mph (I backed off a touch as I was fast approaching traffic)

not bad for a heavy NA Subaru

I'll get some runs in in the Brat this weekend :headbang:

garner

• 3 weeks later...

GTech just arrived in post so had a quick play in the RX. Uncertain of all mods to engine (inherited it sort of), but has wierd hi-tensile socketted head bolts, and 30-70/70-30 cams (had covers off to do lifters once). Only 3 runs pulling onto a highway from the verge and all crap launches trying to offset wheelspin (in front-wheel-drive) with the motor bogging down. Best 2 were about 9.7 sec for 0-60, not enough room for the 1/4 which would be more appropriate for a turbo.

Anyone else posting results from this gadget?

• 1 month later...

Had another play today. Best run was 9.2 sec for 0-60. Conservative launch (since I am crap at it and the tires are crap too), so little wheelspin hence a boggy take-off. Not bad for a car that handled sandy beach-dune tracks that stopped some Forresters.