Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Our 99 Outback has intermittent code p1507. We replaced the coilpack, wires, and idle air motor. No change. If I stop the engine, the associated misfire and poor idle vanish when I restart. Sometimes we go a couple of hundred miles before it reappears. Has anyone seen anything similar and found the cause? Any help will be very appreciated.

Our 99 Outback has intermittent code p1507. We replaced the coilpack, wires, and idle air motor. No change. If I stop the engine, the associated misfire and poor idle vanish when I restart. Sometimes we go a couple of hundred miles before it reappears. Has anyone seen anything similar and found the cause? Any help will be very appreciated.

Hi Casper.

Code 1507 comes up for faulty idle solenoid. Did you check all the connections and make sure you have proper contact and nothing's corroded.

Did you try clearing the CEL (disconnect the neg. battery terminal for 20-30 minutes then reconnect) and see if it lights up again?

Keep us posted

- Ed

• 1 month later...