Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1984 2dr Hardtop 4wd Turbo

I Just Bought This Car, It Is My First Subaru. It Has The Ea81t Engine. So Needless To Say Im New To The World Of Subarus. Anyways What Kind Of Gas Mileage Should I Be Getting, Im Getting 20/25 Now But I Think I Should Do A Little Better Than That. The Car Has 61,000 Miles On It And No Rust Any Where, A True Find.

I Put A New Fuel Pump And A New O2 Sensor In It And Seems A Little Better.

What Can Any0ne Tell Me About This Car Besides There Are Not Too Many Of Them Around.

MY TRANSMISSION SHIFTS HARD WHEN PUT IN REVERSE WHEN COLD. IT IS LEAKING JUST UNDER A QUART FROM THE REAL SEAL ON THE TRANS. IT IS AN AUTOMATIC WITH THE SINGLE RANGE PUSH BUTTON.

WHAT OTHER TRANSMISSION CAN I PUT INTO MINE.

MY CAR IS MINT, SO I CANT REALLY SEE GOING INTO IT TOO MUCH

AND IT APPEARS I NEED A NEW AC COMPRESSOR OR CAN I RUN WITH OUT IT. AND JUST CUT THE BELT.

Joel

312-560-1304

There's some good disscussion of the EA81T engine that you have. My wagon has it and I like it. I would suggest that you wander around the site looking at the EA81(Turbo included) info.

What transmission do you have? Automatic?

I have a 5spd. Dual Range from an '87 and I don't think I could live w/out it sometimes.

As a sidenote, I think that car you have is awesome. There is a lot of interesting things that can and are done to subarus around here. Enjoy