Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

1984 2dr Hardtop 4wd Turbo

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 NX250

NX250

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • CHICAGO

Posted 02 January 2005 - 10:19 PM

I Just Bought This Car, It Is My First Subaru. It Has The Ea81t Engine. So Needless To Say Im New To The World Of Subarus. Anyways What Kind Of Gas Mileage Should I Be Getting, Im Getting 20/25 Now But I Think I Should Do A Little Better Than That. The Car Has 61,000 Miles On It And No Rust Any Where, A True Find.

I Put A New Fuel Pump And A New O2 Sensor In It And Seems A Little Better.

What Can Any0ne Tell Me About This Car Besides There Are Not Too Many Of Them Around.

MY TRANSMISSION SHIFTS HARD WHEN PUT IN REVERSE WHEN COLD. IT IS LEAKING JUST UNDER A QUART FROM THE REAL SEAL ON THE TRANS. IT IS AN AUTOMATIC WITH THE SINGLE RANGE PUSH BUTTON.

WHAT OTHER TRANSMISSION CAN I PUT INTO MINE.
MY CAR IS MINT, SO I CANT REALLY SEE GOING INTO IT TOO MUCH

AND IT APPEARS I NEED A NEW AC COMPRESSOR OR CAN I RUN WITH OUT IT. AND JUST CUT THE BELT.
Joel
312-560-1304

#2 Qman

Qman

Happiness is... no lag!!

• 11,119 posts
  • Sumner

Posted 02 January 2005 - 10:26 PM

Good score. The mileage is about right. The turbo will not get as good as gas mileage as a 2wd car but not bad. For the most part these were the top of the line in 1984.

Here are soem basic specs on your car. http://www.ultimates...l/1984glht.html

#3 MSSLGECKO

MSSLGECKO

I miss picture signatures

• Members
  • 755 posts
  • Missoula

Posted 02 January 2005 - 10:45 PM

There's some good disscussion of the EA81T engine that you have. My wagon has it and I like it. I would suggest that you wander around the site looking at the EA81(Turbo included) info.

What transmission do you have? Automatic?

I have a 5spd. Dual Range from an '87 and I don't think I could live w/out it sometimes.

As a sidenote, I think that car you have is awesome. There is a lot of interesting things that can and are done to subarus around here. Enjoy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users