Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Good dealer in the Everett/Seattle area?

Best shop in your area is Smart Service in Shoreline (just off I-5). Carter is probably the best dealer but I suspect Smart Service could do some--or all--of the warranty required work; check with them first.

http://www.smart-service.com/ for all the information you need.

Just moved to the area and am looking for a good dealer as the car is still under warranty. Would also appreciate any tips for good subie workshops around here.

Thanks!!

Sounds like smart service is an independent dealer. I had my 03 OBW shipped over and there is a faint sound that seems to come from the rear at speeds above 40mph. I tried driving in dirt roads and snow and the AWD does seem to kick in. I can't think of anything else and thought about having the car checked out since it is still under warranty. It's a sound that I've not heard before. Kinda like a turbo-prop sound. Don't think it's the brakes either...tried the e-brake and seems to work fine.

Should I try smart service or carter? which will be able to help me better?

Best shop in your area is Smart Service in Shoreline (just off I-5). Carter is probably the best dealer but I suspect Smart Service could do some--or all--of the warranty required work; check with them first.

http://www.smart-service.com/ for all the information you need.

Is it your wheel bearings?

Definately go to Smart Service. I've been to both Carter and Smart Service. Smart Service wins, hands down.

(check out two of my earlier threads for my "why I don't go to Carter anymore" stories.)

Go to Smart Service, tell 'em you heard about them from the board (and me, Kaja, who has warm fuzzy happy thoughts of them). They read the USMB. They are COOL!!!!!