Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Is this a BoV?

TheSubaruJunkie

DSC01704.jpg

I pulled it from a Saab 900 today in the yard. Came from the intake manifold and the nipple on the top had a hose from behind the TB, while there was a larger hose comming off the bottom to just infront of the TB.

I assumed it was the Blow off Valve, so I nabbed it. Just looking for a positive ID.

-Brian

bov? no

bypass valve. yes

thats the one I was telling you about. yeah it will work.

disable the BPV on the EA82T? I dont get it. stock EA82Ts like yours have no bypass only the little throttle return diaphram.

run the vac line to the same source as your boost/vac gauge

I will try to find the pic from when I had one of those on my car but the one oposite the vac line goes to the intake hose before the turbo and after the maf.

the one that comes out the side goes to the pressure side before the throttle body.(thats why I gave you that metal pipe with the nipple on it)

disable the BPV on the EA82T? I dont get it. stock EA82Ts like yours have no bypass only the little throttle return diaphram.

So, should i disable that diaphram then?

That pipe you gave me will need to be modified some, but Im sure i can use the piece with the nipple on it. I was searching volvo's and saabs for some more pipe, but didnt find anything that looked like it'd work. I might just go get some PVC and do it that way.

-Brian

dont worry about the little diaphram thingy Its probably not working any more. they seem fail alot.

check this old stuff out

http://users.adelphia.net/~oddcomp/turboroo.htm

thats my old set up might give you an idea what to do.

dont forget you can take pipe to a good muffler shop and the can expand or shrink it for you at the ends to make adaptors.;)

Drcrazy- I like your set up. looks good.

I have to argue that the bypass valve is designed to be installed the other way around. as you have yours you may experience boost leakage. the spring is required to hold the boost pressure that way. if you turn it around the boost will be held by the valve seat.

hmm thanks for pointing that out, I had checked it the best I knew how to by hooking it to vacuum to see how it worked and then decided to follow the little arrows that are on it (thought that meant flow direction) since I didn't really know what I was looking at. Thank god you guys are around to point that stuff out...lol now only if you were there when I installed it.

hmm thanks for pointing that out, I had checked it the best I knew how to by hooking it to vacuum to see how it worked and then decided to follow the little arrows that are on it (thought that meant flow direction) since I didn't really know what I was looking at. Thank god you guys are around to point that stuff out...lol now only if you were there when I installed it.

hey I could be wrong. I just went off the diagram I had for a stock saab.

I had dificultys with it making noise. I guess that was a problem on the early saabs too. I read about some updated model. I tried another one off a vw 1.8T too. It was the same on the outside but looked a little nicer inside.