Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2nd Annual East Coast Subaru Show at Carlisle (Website is up!)

Ladies and gentlemen, it is that time of year again! Time for the East Coast show at Carlisle PA on May 20-22. Last year was our first year at the show and we started off big. 25 registrations were done on time to get us club status and a tent, and this year I would like to think we can double that. I have registered our club for this year's event and submitted the forms to reserve our tent and club area. Be sure to register early and include the club name "Ultimate Subaru" in your registration info. Registration is still only $15 and camping is the same, three tents will easily fit on one plot as they are designed for RVs. The official talley of registrations and general show status info will be posted on the show's homepage at: http://www.subarubrat.com/carslile.htm Right now there are pictures from last year's show but that will soon be updated. For those of you who missed out on last year's show you can see what a great setup we had.

To Register: Step1. Go to http://www.carlisleevents.com/schedule/import/index.asp and complete the form. Remmeber to include the club name "Ultimate Subaru".

Step 2: Email me at got22b@subarubrat.com and give me your registration number as well as your board and real names.

FOOD AND DRINK!!

Ok, I need some help on this one! Last year we had a disorganized but successful food situation. I think we can make this year's event killer in that department. To start things off I will be bringing a keg again, gas grill, and a commercial pop corn machine. I did the math and here is what I came up with: For $20 you can eat for the entire weekend, beat that on or off the fairgrounds! I am setting up a food fund, send your payment into that fund to me (info to be posted on http://www.subarubrat.com/carslile.htm ) and I will purchase the burgers/brats/buns/plates/condements/drinks/ribs/chips etc. and bring them to the show. This will cover us for Friday and Sat dinner/lunch and breakfast on Sat and Sun. Please get your funds in early and not the day of the show, that will make it much more difficult. A roster of those paid in will be posted as well.

And here is where I need help. We really need coolers for all the food, and if anyone can swing it, a small fridge or freezer would rock. If you can pledge to bring one of these on Friday afternoon please email me.

Give me a week or so to get the webpage set up right.

Some important links....

Car show status page: http://www.subarubrat.com/carslile.htm

Offical Carlisle page: http://www.carlisleevents.com/default.asp

Carlisle forums: http://www.carlisleforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be going this year...will be kinda nice being back in my home town. I grew up right outside of Carlise and know my way around there extremely well. I can point everyone to some good eating spots too (Georges Subs!)

I will send you my info as soon as I get it and if there is anything I can do to help you out please feel free to contact me.

And mattocs...dont feel bad..I am going to be bringing my stock 92 Loyale wagon...moosens told me Bucky is worthy so he is going.

We had planned on towing the Brat down in May, it would be fun to meet you all. I spent some time reading the posts on the Carlisle forum to get a feel for the area/fairgrounds. I'm going to pass on it... renting a trailer, fuel, hotel, food, admissions and so on... seems a bit pricey.

We have 2 large shows locally... $8.00 includes car and driver, $5.00 for spectators. They have the same amenities, car corral, live auction, vendors etc. Why the huge difference in costs? Yikes!

We also have local weekly shows Tues. Wed. Thurs. that are free for participants and spectators. The weekly shows are fun because the cars range from perfect restorations to just-hauled-it-out-of-the-field wrecks... no competitions. Just people who love cars getting together.

We had planned on towing the Brat down in May, it would be fun to meet you all. I spent some time reading the posts on the Carlisle forum to get a feel for the area/fairgrounds. I'm going to pass on it... renting a trailer, fuel, hotel, food, admissions and so on... seems a bit pricey.

We have 2 large shows locally... $8.00 includes car and driver, $5.00 for spectators. They have the same amenities, car corral, live auction, vendors etc. Why the huge difference in costs? Yikes!

We also have local weekly shows Tues. Wed. Thurs. that are free for participants and spectators. The weekly shows are fun because the cars range from perfect restorations to just-hauled-it-out-of-the-field wrecks... no competitions. Just people who love cars getting together.

......ahhh,but your show isn't a national show.Carlisle isn't competitive,at least not for us and the majority.It's a big show,and a good location that's central to the majority of east coast owners.

Moving into a new house might take some wind out of our sails this year.Regardless,I'll probably run down Saturday for the day and drive home after pigging out with the crew.We'll see what happens.You all know I want my '73 there,pulled by the '78 of course. :headbang:

If we do make it a family weekend we might do like last year.Any other families that want to hit Heshey on Sunday,that's our plan.Arrive Friday night,Carlisle on Saturday,Hershey on Sunday,leave for home from there.

All up in the air for us right now.

I've got a real cool plan....secret plan.....but I don't think I can make it happen this year.I think I can get Dennis to help me.Maybe someone else too.Going to need three Brats to pull it off.

OK,to dream,my Brat pulls my '73,my friend drives my turbo wagon pulling my '78 wagon,the wife brings here Legacy wagon and says "you have a good time with your friends and I'll keep the kids busy all weekend". :lol:

Dreaming!!!!!!!!!

I am registered myself already, the roster should be up soon. For those of you who made it last year it will be great to see all of you again and lets not forget all our friends from the other clubs that hung out with us. For those of you that will be coming for the first time, it is hard to describe what a great time it is. We closed down the show both nights being the last ones to drag off to bed close to the sun coming up. I think that on Friday night myself, Beerheart, Subafreak, Paul from the VW club and a Canadian fellow just about saw the sunrise. It is a 3 day blow out of fellowship, food, suds and most importantly Subies. I am going to bust my hump to get the BRAT shifter kart ready and present for duty.

Can't wait to see you all there again.

Last year was a hoot (especially the baby BRAT..thanks again Skip for the ride!) No matter what you bring from a stocker to a super charged metal mayhem it doesn't matter...it's about learning new things, seeing old faces, meeting new people and having one heck of a good time. As far is it stands right now I'm in.

Smiles,

Melis

im the local guy, so if anyone needs help with directions or anything, gimme a shout. hopefully i can get the buggy in this year. i still have a lot of projects that im working on and i would like to have at least a lil' somethin to show off :P

im the local guy, so if anyone needs help with directions or anything, gimme a shout. hopefully i can get the buggy in this year. i still have a lot of projects that im working on and i would like to have at least a lil' somethin to show off :P

Are you the guy that stopped by last year, and had a long conversation with Skip about his wagon???

Hey nkx!

technically I am a local too ya know....I grew up outside of Harrisburg and then lived for 10 years in Perry County:drunk:.I still have to send my registrasation in..been kinda busy....trying to convert the new boyfriend into a Subaru lover...its been a hard task too..at least he doesnt drive a Honda.:banana:

Just got this update from Carlisle folks, if anyone has anything they can think of IM me and I will get it submitted!

Hi everybody:

Right now it's cold in Carlisle and the ground is covered in gray slush, but in my head it's a beautiful spring day in May! I'm close to finalizing the activity schedule for the Import-Kit/Replicar show. In past years, a few clubs have sponsored show seminars and/or opened their activities at their tents to the general public (in 2004 we had "Fiero Tech" and "Citroen Racing on Ice"). If there are any seminars, Q&As, educational type activities that your club would like the general public to know about, send me an email by Feb. 15th and I can review it to see if it would be appropriate to include in the publication. (Include title, description, date/time) This is a good opportunity for you to share club information with prospective members.

I'm also attaching a word doc. that describes a new activity at the show: Standard of Excellence Judging. To sum it up quickly, it is limited to 30 cars; they will be parked under a tent at the stage; registrants will compete against a point sheet; registration deadline is May 13 and the cost is $50. Hopefully you can open this document; if not, it and the registration form will be on the web site VERY SOON. Please share this info. with the rest of your club members. Thanks!

Talk to you later,

Jennifer McCartney

Carlisle Events

• 2 weeks later...
Old School vs. New School tug of war game.

We do it across the Saab groups area,so the losers have to wipe all the caviar and champagne off their clothes.

Hey Paul... Bajas and Brats aren't snobby and live nice together ... if I sneak up quietly I can hear my two yackin' in Japanese. Since the Baja came, the Brat is running great, not even a hiccup... sibling rivalry?