Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2nd Annual East Coast Subaru Show at Carlisle (Website is up!)

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK OK !!!! I will bring Bucky!!..I like the Boxy is Better and Lifter Tick to you,heartbeat of life to me..slogans...I just want to get some of his rust taken care of and clean him up good..maybe do something with his hubcaps...plus I might try and get the timing belts changed before driving him down.

Dont worry Paul..no politics with me..Just I love my Subaru

Oh boy,is this where we boast about how many rides we *could* bring?:)

Most likely the '78 will be there.Many other possibilities....

Bring Bucky!!!!!!!! Make a window display about his name,etc. and people will get a kick out of it.Have some fun with it."Boxy is Better!", "Looks like a refridgerator because it doesn't want the Honda apetizers to spoil", "Lifter tick to you,Heartbeat of life to me"...like that.:) Better yet,load it up with some anti-Bush stickers.No Child's Behind Left,and the thousands of others.Just kidding-see below.

I'll probably register soon.

It's a family event,lets not forget that,please.I'll probably be solo or with my son,we'll see.But,regardless,please refrain from inappropriate language/terminology around the kids,mine or anyone's.

I'll ask again,only this year to everyone,not just Scott,who apparently has no repect for my opinion on this matter.

Can we please not show off political banners,etc in a manner that causes the whole group to appear to be part of that particular banner,media,etc..??

Last years Bush display was a no class move,Scott.Especially after I PM'd or emailed you personally to

keep our political beliefs out of the Carlisle show.

If that's what you choose to do then do it,I can't stop you.But you'll not see me in a group that involves you again if that's the case.

Agree to no banners,or verbal attacks on anyone in relation to today's politics and I'll be happy to attend along side of you....

I'm not bullying,I'm asking.

And I never said you slandered myself,etc.

It was a display,as other folks mentioned it to me before I ever gave an opinion.To me,there was just a little too much sauce on it,and others thought so too.I PM'd you or emailed,whatever it was doesn't matter,asking you to not bring politics into a car show.But when you show up looking like that how am I supposed to take that after imploring you to drop it for the show.We'd had disagreements in the off topic forum and in an effort to show respect for the group I wished that we all just drop the political stances for a weekend.Well,you sure didn't.

As for fish stickers and what religion you or anyone else is,you're right,we don't have to look at those or get offended by them.They were far less visible than your effort.If you're going to say it was two bumper stickers and try to make me look bad,that's fine.

How many folks have registered in our group?

One less,that's for sure.

Again,I ask that we leave the bickering to the seldom off topic threads that have passed and attempt to get a group of folks together while not alienating at least half of the group.

Moving on, I have secured some more Subaru banners and marking tape to mark off our area from the folks who insisted on parking their tow vehicles and what not in our area last year. If anyone can take the time to hit up their local dealer for some banners or promotional materials etc. that would be great. I have sent a written request to SOA for support at the event in whatever capacity they can see fit. Of course they have chosen to take a very stand off approach to fan run events. We shall see. I also drafted a letter to their show vehicles dept to request a few vehicles for the show. I do not expect them to do this, they have only done this at very big events such as vehicle debuts, TV air time events and such. But hey, does it hurt to ask?

http://www.subarubrat.com/carslile.htm

I asked Minooka Subaru for any little thing and it was a big Negative from them (not even a stinkin' sticker...where's the love) They told me to contact SOA if I wanted anything. Sheesh.

Smiles,

Melis

Pst...there are more dealers around here so I'll try again.

Well I have been informed that the Carlise meet will be one to many weekends away from family this year so I'm afraid I can't make it. I didn't really have anything to bring this year anyway but I just wanted to hang out and watch the sun rise under the tent again (awsome memory):cool: So anyway, drink a few for me and I WILL be there next year hopefully with one of my Gen 1 BRATs.

BTW: How are you doing with the tent reg? If you need another reg to get a tent just let me know. And have a good time guys.:)

Man that one bites, your such an integral part of the night shift at Carlisle, if you can trade any other weekend you know we are all about you showing up.

Currently we have 8 registrations down and 17 to go to reserve our club area, about parallel with last year's progress. Please don't wait till the last moment to register, it's just $15 and the sooner you do it the better off we all are. Cross promotion on the other boards should start today. But please do your part on other Subaru boards to spread the word! Lets try and show the west coast folks we can do it just as well as they can!

I have just ordered 6 flags for our club area in addition to the large one we had last year.

subarurallysmall.jpg

3 of those and 3 of these

subarusmall.jpg

http://www.subarubrat.com/carslile.htm

is there anything else that needs to be brought to the show, or that i can locate for you, scott?

on a side note, if anyone would be interested in paintballing, bring your supplies along. we might be able to play a few games on some land that my friends father owns.

• 2 weeks later...

Lets get some more registered. I am maybe 10% for being there with my wife due in 3 days now. Don't wanna waste my money registering a car to get the 25 if there isn't a chance that it'll help. Don't make these poor drunks sit in the hot sun and bake!!!

We WILL have a tent there one way or the other so we WILL have a club area. There are about a dozen confirmed folks coming so we will be having this event. I will be arriving about noon on Friday to get things set up. Look forward to seeing all of you there! It is not too late to register and attend if you are so inclined!

THANK YOU! I was really worried about the tent issue.... when you see my skin tone you will totally understand why I was concerned. If you need help with anything LMK. I'll shoot to be there about noonish too (wife needs to get a blood test on the way so it will slow the progress a little).

PM or email if you nned to....

Matt

ill be there on friday whenever i roll my butt out of bed. no telling when that is... i might be too excited to sleep much, or i might be tired from working the night before. i got a cooler, so ill swing by a grocery store and get some ice on the way in.

Alright boys, the car and truck are packed. And we are ready to roll in the morning. For those of you brave enough to hang with the late night crew (lets hope Paul and kanuck show up too) I am bringing a projector and DVD player as well as a 9x8Ft screen for movies at the club tent. See you all there!

Alright boys, the car and truck are packed. And we are ready to roll in the morning. For those of you brave enough to hang with the late night crew (lets hope Paul and kanuck show up too) I am bringing a projector and DVD player as well as a 9x8Ft screen for movies at the club tent. See you all there!

Have a blast.Sorry,I can't swing it this year.

I'll be more involved next year and I know Skip is going to be back too.

Thanks to Scott for all the effort.

After all the efforts to gather these vehicles over the past year or so I'm really hoping the New England crowd all makes it.Wagon78 and I are old timers for owning these cars.We've done Carlisle,even before last year(just didn't enter our cars).But this past year saw a huge increase in vintage Subarus here in the Northeast.Hopefully we can all convoy on down,turning heads all the way to and fro.

The big show this weekend for me is seeing Andrew come home with the '73 wagon.I'll be on call and might even drive with him to his house,if they don't stop down here somewhere and meet up.

Dreaming ahead....my '73 Coupe,his '73 wagon,Skip's '78 Brat,Connie's '82 Coupe,maybe we get Scott K to bring his '78 wagon,Charlie has all sorts of choices but I'm hoping he trailers his ff-1 wagon.Maybe Mary and Jesse bring their vintage rides too?....

Have fun.

Have a blast.Sorry,I can't swing it this year.

I'll be more involved next year and I know Skip is going to be back too.

Thanks to Scott for all the effort.

After all the efforts to gather these vehicles over the past year or so I'm really hoping the New England crowd all makes it.Wagon78 and I are old timers for owning these cars.We've done Carlisle,even before last year(just didn't enter our cars).But this past year saw a huge increase in vintage Subarus here in the Northeast.Hopefully we can all convoy on down,turning heads all the way to and fro.

The big show this weekend for me is seeing Andrew come home with the '73 wagon.I'll be on call and might even drive with him to his house,if they don't stop down here somewhere and meet up.

Dreaming ahead....my '73 Coupe,his '73 wagon,Skip's '78 Brat,Connie's '82 Coupe,maybe we get Scott K to bring his '78 wagon,Charlie has all sorts of choices but I'm hoping he trailers his ff-1 wagon.Maybe Mary and Jesse bring their vintage rides too?....

Have fun.

Thats the plan, like you said I have a feeling next year will be huge for the vintage Suby crowd. This year we are still getting them sorted out and apperently alot of us are a litte to buzy:rolleyes: But I think we should all make a commitment to be ready for next year with all our cool vintage rides.:cool:

The rest of you have a good time, I wish I could be there but I'll catch you next year.:)