Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!
|Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.
We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!
Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!
Posted 20 August 2003 - 01:45 AM
I need a 101 course in AT for my '99 Outback.
1. Where is the transmission oil filter located? Inside the pan? How difficult is to change it.
2. Right by the tranny there is a filter similar with the regular engine oil filter, what is this? And what part?
3. What AT fluid should I use? Where I can get it from? How about fluids for fron/read differentials.
4. How can I changed the front differential fluid? I could not located the draining plug.
Thanks a lot.
PS: I tried to ask these questions to the local subaru dealer. Needless to say that I got no answers. I guess I can't totally blame those guys, they need to make a living.
Posted 20 August 2003 - 09:08 AM
Dexron II or III will suffice. I'll be using a Mobil Synthetic equivalent.
On my 2000 Outback, I'm just wondering how much fluid will I lose when draining. I know the entire system has 9 litres total, but not sure about just the pan.
Does the filter need to have fluid inside prior to installing?
Posted 20 August 2003 - 09:16 AM
Posted 21 August 2003 - 02:50 AM
Posted 21 August 2003 - 06:43 AM
I know for sure on my 2000 that there is a drain plug.
Posted 21 August 2003 - 11:08 AM
Anyone with facts about this?
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users