Ultimate Subaru Message Board

92 Legacy wagon, EJ22, 5MT, I tried this last night to see while on the way home:

Speedo reading 70MPH, Tach sitting at 2750. Not sure how accurate the speedo is though, so I'll put the tach at 3K this afternoon and post the speed when I return. . .

92 Legacy wagon, EJ22, 5MT, I tried this last night to see while on the way home:

Speedo reading 70MPH, Tach sitting at 2750. Not sure how accurate the speedo is though, so I'll put the tach at 3K this afternoon and post the speed when I return. . .

70=2750

75=2900

80=3100

I just changed the tires though from ones that were not "factory size" (p195-70R14, instead of p185-70R14) so these numbers may change. . .

Or perhaps I will actually be going those speeds now. . . The speedo seems to run a few MPH high, based on the number of times I get passed at a particular speed, compared to the same speed in other cars. . . (comparison is between 3 cars: the Subie, a Dodge Caravan, and a Saturn SL1. The Caravan and the Saturn seem to agree, so the Subie is the odd one out. . .)