Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I-90,I-94 Corridor Road Trip, Minnie?

Boy you guys are putting the cart in front of the horse. :) The two of us doing the driving are just hoping to get back without any issues on time. lol

No just trying to plan something. I cant just drop everything and go somewhere that day. If we are gonna meet up then lets nail down a time and location. Otherwise my wife will surely schedule something for Sunday =P

Well I think we both would like to be in Minnesota Saturday night sometime. I'm NE of St Cloud so if we did make it in we could crash there and then Sunday would work. All depends on the weather I guess. I dont want to chance wrecking a fender on a car I didnt even get to drive 1600 miles yet. :)

Austin will have to speak for himself. He knows the cars I guess.

yeah.. I know what the cars are capable of, and what I am capable of.. but I dont know what the weather will be like along the way... or for that matter, even if the cars could make it across some areas, some areas get closed due to people that cant drive (you know what i mean?) so I hope that doesnt happen...

I am aiming to arrive in Excelsior on saturday night... if I am close enough (and awake enough) then I may keep on pushing thru (but only if I can safely, otherwise it will just be continued to sunday!

its getting closer!!!

aack!! i need a cellular device! hmm... what service to get... maybe pre-paid...

if you can get to Excelsior, 10 miles outside of minneapolis?, we can meet you there. the rest of my convoy needs to be back as soon as possible, one has a big test on that monday. but to be sure, if weather is an issue, please don't push yourself past your limit. i'd rather have a late car than a late austin. I've made this trip 3 times cross country, all in the summer, and its hard when its 80 out. don't rush, if your tired pull over, if your snowed in take a break.

Its soon coming down to the wire, when are you flying in Mr XT? i'm trying to calculate timing, cause if memory serves, you could make it to miles city on friday, an hour east of billings, that way saturday would be shorter, and we could get back sooner, and austin, you could spend more time with freddie. either way, no matter how late you show up, if its saturday were gonna shoot for madison before we stop for the night.

Well it's getting closer. I'm flying out of Mpls Thursday around 2 thru Sun Country and get into Seattle around 4:15. Have a hotel booked for the night a coupls miles from Austin's place, hope to meet EdRach and whom ever else is close. Then the plan is to hit the road Friday am.

Looks like the weather in Minn for the weekend is going to be nice so I hope the rest of it is too.

byw: I'm following big yellow home so where ever he's going I'm tagging along.

counting down.....

the wagon has a CD player now... so its happy...

the XT got a new starter motor and a orbital battery.. and a synthetic gear oil change for the tranny.. so it is happy too-

so thursday night.. load personal supplys up into cars.. meet everyone here in Lynnwood area for dinner and such...

-depart Friday eary early early!!! (4 am?)

friday night.. hopefully arrive in Billings, or farther, that is the half way point to Minneapolis)

saturday night- arrive in Excelsior for the wagon, XT will be on its way home from there....

sunday- time cushion in case anything happens to delay the trip

monday- I fly home at 2pm MSP time

Hmm, thought there would be more info by now. :) I rolled into my driveway about 4pm yesterday. Austin should have been rolling with the wagon down tere around then too. Ran into icy roads, a few car and truck wrecks and one semi on it's side but other then that we had a pretty good trip. Oh, the XT was the only thing that broke down :( well not really, it only burned out a head light. :)

Hey Austin, where are ya????? Did the water wagon head out right away?

Not too much as far as storys go, it was uneventfull, and i like road trips that way, my buddy Craig, who was there for the rescue of the first Subaru in 2001 was here on this trip as well, he got pulled over for following too close in wisconson, no ticket, yay.

DSC_0003.jpg

This is a subie we saw on the way out

DSC_0053.jpg

This is my home town Subaru dealership, about 2.5 hours from home, its where i grew up.

And here is what the wagon will look like after an impending paint job, sorry austin, the pull me over yellow is a little bit too much, but it will be on the car for at least 5 months until it warms up

WaterwagonBlack.jpg

Peace out

"Flava Flav"

its all good- I almost painted it black before i decided on yellow, hense the black interior parts... but anyways..

we made it home, no terrorists on the flight, in fact.. sun country was a very good service.. they even had cheeze burgers in flight! (complimentary!)

it feels like an empty home now with all the children gone.. but the brat will soon grow up to be as loved as the others! :cool:

the trip was quite fun, a bit adventurous... it would be much more fun if we had more time, and could do it as a road trip with sight seeing and proper camping, instead of parking next to a ideling semi for an hour and a half :drunk: but it was still fun!

hope to do it again soon!!