Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I was wondering if wheels from another subaru, such an svx or wrx, would fit on a 90 legacy. The ol steelies are gettin, well, old. And if some better looking ones can be found on the cheap, all the better. I'm sure I can find the right lug pattern, but I'm wondering if there would be issues with backspacing and fender rubbing.

I was wondering if wheels from another subaru, such an svx or wrx, would fit on a 90 legacy. The ol steelies are gettin, well, old. And if some better looking ones can be found on the cheap, all the better. I'm sure I can find the right lug pattern, but I'm wondering if there would be issues with backspacing and fender rubbing.

No real issues there at all, I even put wheels from a Dodge Caravan on for a while (they fit but the tires rode like crap so I put my old ones back on again) You just need the same rim size (14", 5x100 bolt patern) or a lower profile tire. Well, you can fit 15" wheels and tires in there, but it will make your speedometer lie to you. . . (not to mention a loss of "zippyness". . .)

2002 WRX uses the 5x100 bolt pattern and the go right on.

Just did it two weeks ago on a 1998 Legacy Wagon. The wonderful thing is that ebay and forum classified like at NASIOC are full of stock WRX wheels AND tires with very low miles from people that immediately swap for something better.

A lot of people say the stock RE-92 tires suck, but for many of us putting them on Legacies, etc they are a HUGE step up.

I got the ebay deal of my life $200 + $100 shipping for a set of 2002 WRX wheels and tires with a few thousand miles on them.

Hope that helps.