Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Intermittent Rear Wiper <2000 Forester L>

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 howards11

howards11

2000 Forester L

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • PHL

Posted 07 January 2005 - 08:44 PM

Does anyone have a solution for adding an intermittent REAR wiper on a 2000 Forester L ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

~Howard
:burnout:

#2 Commuter

Commuter

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,857 posts
  • Niagara area, Ont Canada

Posted 07 January 2005 - 11:29 PM

This has been discussed before.

I don't know if there is an "OEM" style solution. Others can speak up on that.

In Canada, Canadian Tire Corp carries a small intermittent wiper device. It runs about $30 Cdn. I've heard of some who just mount it inside the hatch and set the knob to a setting that they like. You will only have intermittent this way. That's the trade off. But inexpensive, fairly simple to do. Just one idea. I used this exact device on an 85 Civic of mine (for windshield wipers). Worked fine.

Commuter

#3 howards11

howards11

2000 Forester L

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • PHL

Posted 07 January 2005 - 11:36 PM

This has been discussed before.

I don't know if there is an "OEM" style solution. Others can speak up on that.

In Canada, Canadian Tire Corp carries a small intermittent wiper device. It runs about $30 Cdn. I've heard of some who just mount it inside the hatch and set the knob to a setting that they like. You will only have intermittent this way. That's the trade off. But inexpensive, fairly simple to do. Just one idea. I used this exact device on an 85 Civic of mine (for windshield wipers). Worked fine.

Commuter

I've asked before. I thought maybe someone came up with a solution. The lack of an intermittent rear wiper on this vehicle just bugs me. I check the web site of Canadian Tire and I could not find the device you mentioned. Maybe it's just carried in the stores and not online. I also did some searching on eBay. Couldn't find anything there either.
I think I'll just give up on this one.

~Howard
:banghead:

#4 howards11

howards11

2000 Forester L

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • PHL

Posted 08 January 2005 - 12:56 AM

I found this one:

Control

Now a wiring diagram for the Forester would be nice. Ideas anyone ?

~Howard
:lol:

#5 Commuter

Commuter

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,857 posts
  • Niagara area, Ont Canada

Posted 08 January 2005 - 08:46 AM

I found this one:

Control

Now a wiring diagram for the Forester would be nice. Ideas anyone ?

~Howard
:lol:

I've been searching and looking myself on Canadian Tire, and can't find it either. Perhaps they no longer have it. They did about 2 or 3 years ago.
The one you found is the exact same sort of thing though. No reason it shouldn't work. All you probably need to find is the main wire leading to the motor. You splice into it. Another one goes to ground. That's about it. Not much to it as I recall.

Commuter

#6 brus brother

brus brother

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 1,876 posts
  • Connecticut

Posted 08 January 2005 - 11:41 AM

check JC Whitney catalogue. They used to carry such an item.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users