Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Intermittent Rear Wiper <2000 Forester L>

This has been discussed before.

I don't know if there is an "OEM" style solution. Others can speak up on that.

In Canada, Canadian Tire Corp carries a small intermittent wiper device. It runs about $30 Cdn. I've heard of some who just mount it inside the hatch and set the knob to a setting that they like. You will only have intermittent this way. That's the trade off. But inexpensive, fairly simple to do. Just one idea. I used this exact device on an 85 Civic of mine (for windshield wipers). Worked fine.

Commuter

This has been discussed before.

I don't know if there is an "OEM" style solution. Others can speak up on that.

In Canada, Canadian Tire Corp carries a small intermittent wiper device. It runs about $30 Cdn. I've heard of some who just mount it inside the hatch and set the knob to a setting that they like. You will only have intermittent this way. That's the trade off. But inexpensive, fairly simple to do. Just one idea. I used this exact device on an 85 Civic of mine (for windshield wipers). Worked fine.

Commuter

I've asked before. I thought maybe someone came up with a solution. The lack of an intermittent rear wiper on this vehicle just bugs me. I check the web site of Canadian Tire and I could not find the device you mentioned. Maybe it's just carried in the stores and not online. I also did some searching on eBay. Couldn't find anything there either.

I think I'll just give up on this one.

~Howard

:banghead:

I found this one:

Control

Now a wiring diagram for the Forester would be nice. Ideas anyone ?

~Howard

:lol:

I've been searching and looking myself on Canadian Tire, and can't find it either. Perhaps they no longer have it. They did about 2 or 3 years ago.

The one you found is the exact same sort of thing though. No reason it shouldn't work. All you probably need to find is the main wire leading to the motor. You splice into it. Another one goes to ground. That's about it. Not much to it as I recall.

Commuter