Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Where's Waldo??? (Safe At Home!)

Let's see.....Wed. the upper plains,Thurs. the Ohio valley,looks like you're going to have one hell of a good time since you'll hit here on the weekend.Man,I wish I had room for you,maybe i can just let you use the workshop,I've got plenty of padding,super duper sub zero sleeping bags.There's no heat because I don't use the place that much,etc,etc....But there's a toilet,sink,coffee maker,small fridge,microwave,and a half dozen places to eat just a walk away,and hundreds of places to eat nearby.

I hear there's going to be a big drop in temps this weekend after the warm spell.You'll be headed back through the chill,but it's January.

Talk to you soon.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Pat wants to head alittle north/west of Pauls (40-45 minutes cause most of its back roads) I can at the least let him get a shower. If I had another room (ya'll know how small studio apts are...well at least here in CT,ppl have closets bigger)I would gladly give him a place to crash. Its so easy to get back on the highway from here considering you can pretty much see the on ramp from my house.(for those wondering ..Paul is off of 95 ..I am off of 84). But the offer still stands for a hot shower and some food.

Wait a minute......I'm a total chump here.I will put the guy up.I honestly was thinking of that,so I'm only half chump.But I owe the guy that favor for sure.There's a decent enough hotel right across from the workshop.skip and Steve stayed there,then Skip and his buddy.....whatshisname stayed there.They've gotten the smell of Rolling Rock out of the carpet by now,so it's safe.

Switching gears here,I totally forgot Iowa so he won't be here untill Saturday most likely,as long as things go well.

Thanks for offering guys!!!!

Waldo is a weary wayfarer.

Profound thanks to spokidoki folks for keeping me alive. Waldo learned a lesson: When it comes to safety issues, don't rely on lube shop techs. "36psi all around in the tires" HA! 17psi in left rear, all others wonky.

After 4th Of July, had some fireworks as Waldo's two vehicles tried to express their independence, each trying to take the lead while going downhill. 6 seconds of excitement, just 4 seconds short of a Brown Alert.Pucker factor?

Potatoes were enjoyed for 90 minutes,Idaho then off to the 4th largest state in the USA.Montana Waldo was spotted at buying a subway sandwich by a town where the river runs through it... or at least near it. What type of sandwhich? Meatball?Approached a town with a name unfortunately similar to a part of the anatomy...Athol, Idaho and no, it has nothing to do with the French-named mountains. Some of the signs announcing the city were intersting: "Stop, see, enjoy..."

Passed a major watershed on the trip.

Waldo was also seen at the World Museum of Mining.

Guess what the highest point on Waldo's adventure has been so far?

Waldo has been up since spoki, with a couple catnaps... he is going to dig out a tranny, repack, and zzzzzz

Waldo will check in later.

I'll see if I can come up with more.

Wait a minute......I'm a total chump here.I will put the guy up.I honestly was thinking of that,so I'm only half chump.But I owe the guy that favor for sure.There's a decent enough hotel right across from the workshop.skip and Steve stayed there,then Skip and his buddy.....whatshisname stayed there.They've gotten the smell of Rolling Rock out of the carpet by now,so it's safe.

Switching gears here,I totally forgot Iowa so he won't be here untill Saturday most likely,as long as things go well.

Thanks for offering guys!!!!

LOL... nah... you're not a chump... just a different way of thinking... you camp... I never rough it... my Girl Scout troop stayed in the best of hotel/apartments on Nantucket when we "camped". The other poor troops were digging sand out of their hair for weeks!

I fit under dining tables... right next to shiney engines!!!

Passes: Nobody bit on "watershed"... 63sumpinsumpin. Coming over from Cheyenne to Laramie I was up to 8609(?). No wonder I feel light headed... or is that sleep deprivation?

Subway sandwich was a sweet onion grilled teriyaki chicken... a footer, so I could have some later.

Stop... See... Enjoy!!! Butte!

I also saw a large sculpture of a jackelope... took a picture... I even stopped to do so.

Thanks all. I have plenty of practice sleeping in cars... and on floors. Don't need nuttin fancy.

But now it is time for lasagna, then zzzzzs

Sounds like you're doing Ok Pat. A sense of humor is a good thing on endeavours like this. Missed all of the last hints. Bummer, but I didn't have a map to check either. Going off of memory. Oh wait, that isn't a good idea sometimes. Anyway, keep it safe and see you when you get back.

Well, Waldo is about to leave the home of WyoTech, and heading towards, IWRC, home of NORAD. (If I am WAY wrong, sorry!)

I will then be heading on towards a city with a corny french name... or is that a corny city with a French name? We could have been "Ft. Raccoon"

Pat, do you have my number? it will be slick though central Iowa....

Pat has headed back to get hitched again with Paul's love. Then off to a corn state that has nothing to do with Nebraska but if you stand on your truck, you're the highest point of the state. Currently, Pat is sitting about 8600 feet above sea level endouring the 'Trucker 500'. Demolition derby time, Waldo will do fine.

Snow or no, Waldo is on the go.... Once again, have a safe trip Pat and I'll see you in a few days hopefully! Maybe more yummy food like the lasagna like you had...mmmmm lasagna, I'm hungry again:D

Hey guys,how's the '73 look??Ain't heard a word about that since I talked to the main man in Moxee.

Pat,don't think I'm not worried about you foremost.Like I've been saying,take your time,please.

Gee,I thought French Lick would be in there somewhere.But what the heck do I know about mid-America?All there is to know is that Mick and a few other cool people live there.And Shawn moved out of there.And the corn is good. :lol:

Waldo just got an alert from NORAD that part has been delayed until 1pm MST. Waldo is slightly bummed, but does get to hang out some more! :)

After reading of your adventures... sounds like you needed the downtime... driving under stress takes a lot out of person... Happy Trails Waldo!

Pat is currently about 70 miles into Nebraska.

Mick,Pat said he probably won't be at your place untill the afternoon on Friday.

Let's see,Iowa Friday,Ohio Saturday,looking like he'll arrive here later Sunday at the earliest.

Pat,you're headed to Milford,CT exit 40 off I-95.Go through B'port.Good to hear from you lately.Keep it safe.