Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I have a 95 Legacy wagon. I rebuilt the car after it had been hit in the front, so I repainted the hood, bumper, and one fender in the process. (Also patched a gash on a passenger door and painted it. No one other than me can really tell that the car has different paint, but I want to paint the entire car this spring.

I plan to two tone it the way the early Outbacks were before Subaru started hanging plastic on them. I've not inspected one other than in a parking lot, so I'm curious from you who own or owned one:

The bottom color that was painted on those wagons--did the bottom color and its top stripe carry into the door jambs of your car? I don't really want the hassle of painting the door jambs, and probably won't, but I'm curious whether or not the factory paint job did.

Thanks for the info. I did a paint job on my 81 El Camino when I was in college and decided to do the bottom portion of that car in a metallic charcoal. (The car was silver.) My dad, who was a mechanic for years and used to do some body/paint when he was younger and is also a perfectionist when he does something, told me I needed to do it "the right way" and paint the door jambs to match. So, I removed all the interior stuff and painted to jambs and the inside of the doors to match the exterior two-tone. The pinstriping even continued over the jambs and disappeared under the first encounter with interior trim when you opened a door. It looked really nice, but was an ultimate pain in the butt to do.

Now, I don't have to fool with painting anything but the exterior of the car that second color and I can still "do it the right way" and not hear my dad's voice in the background the whole time...