Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Here are a few pictures of the snow I got to drive in while visiting in northern Ohio.

Here I am in a driveway that first night after it had snowed all day. We kind of waited too late to head back out in this stuff, but the car did totally fine while the snow was still just snow.

adway1.jpg

Here's a trench I cut out with my car in this particular driveway. We were the only car using it, and you can see the nice center rut the underside of my car cut out--made some fun scraping noises every time I drove through after a nice layer of ice crusted everything.

adway2.jpg

And, here's a clean driveway after a snowblower hit it.

aSube1.jpg

Here is a picture of a shopping center's parking lot we went to on night 2 of the snow. We drove 20 miles to get to a restaurant only to discover the snow storm had closed it. In front of the huge snow pile you can see what the parking lot was like. Almost every bit of all the roads looked just like this parking lot.

aPile.jpg

There's pavement under there...somewhere...

adway3.jpg

I'm sure some of you have seen stuff lots worse that you drove through, but it was good to see what the Legacy would do in bad conditions. Snow travel was much smoother--even the deep stuff--than the ice over packed snow travel was. The AWD transferring power was a bit freaky the first few times I felt it on the ice. Anti-lock brakes worked excellent. My tires are pretty much shot, so I think things went well considering that. My wife grew up in this stuff, and she said the Sube drove really well in it.

Thanks for the great pictures. This is what the cars were built for.

Well, everything but the head gasket. . . :grin:

Seriously, I'm a lot more confidant in whatever kind of weather when I'm driving my Subaru, than I am driving anything else. . .