Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Subaru Repair Books -any good ones??

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 erikvr

erikvr

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • TACOMA, WA

Posted 12 January 2005 - 10:31 AM

I have been delaying moving from my 84 GL to a legacy because I am a total repair rookie and have one of those Mohn Muir Idiot's Guide to Subaru repair for 75-88 models. I get lost reading a Haynes or Chilton Manual half way though the process... are there any better repair books out there...like a John Muir gtype of guide for Legacy?

#2 northguy

northguy

O.C.A.L. Life Member

• Members
  • 4,352 posts
  • Chugiak, AK

Posted 12 January 2005 - 11:13 AM

Full service manual.

#3 rweddy

rweddy

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,408 posts
  • Castle Rock, CO

Posted 12 January 2005 - 12:52 PM

I have been delaying moving from my 84 GL to a legacy because I am a total repair rookie and have one of those Mohn Muir Idiot's Guide to Subaru repair for 75-88 models. I get lost reading a Haynes or Chilton Manual half way though the process... are there any better repair books out there...like a John Muir gtype of guide for Legacy?

The HTKYSAF by Muir is great. But there is nothing like it for a legacy, chilton and haynes are crap, get a FSM they are $$$ but worth every penny if you do the work yourself.

#4 Tom Dunn

Tom Dunn

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Duncan NC

Posted 12 January 2005 - 07:25 PM

Where might one buy one of these Full Service Manuals?

#5 Smpol19

Smpol19

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 215 posts
  • Nothern, VA / Long Island

Posted 12 January 2005 - 09:02 PM

I've always been afraid that the FSM would be to complex for the less experienced among us. I consider a brake job is the upper limit of my mechanical skill...would I understand what was going on in the FSM?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users