Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

- - - - -

hood gauges

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_JwX_*

Guest_JwX_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2003 - 07:54 PM

how do I do this? is there a spcail bucket that I buy or what I can't find any info on this? (ATTN mods if this to off topic for ya then move it) but anyways I would be putting this on my hatch cause I think it would look good:D

#2 Guest_oddcomp_*

Guest_oddcomp_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2003 - 09:05 PM

i was thinking the same idea sorta but incorporating them into a hood scoop to help keep the engine cool at cruising speeds
and so i could see oil boost and water temps
with a piece of lexan over the gauges to protect from rain and such

#3 Guest_bbbs53_*

Guest_bbbs53_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2003 - 09:48 PM

Hi, didn't Dodge Chargers have the tach on the hood? Shows my age. I believe that a nicely shaped reverse scoop, weather tight would make a cool arrangement. How about the windshield pillar pod mount? Just a thought, Bradd

#4 Guest_baccaruda_*

Guest_baccaruda_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2003 - 11:30 PM

:evil: cut a hole in the hood and mount them in the bay like a mopar SHAKER air cleaner :cool:

#5 Guest_Hondasucks_*

Guest_Hondasucks_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2003 - 11:39 PM

I think the GTO Judge had a hood-mounted tach (I know I have a model of one somewhere with a hood-mounted tach on it) Dunno what teh purpose of having the gauges in the hood rather than in the cabin other than shorter wires though..

#6 Guest_Caboobaroo_*

Guest_Caboobaroo_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 August 2003 - 12:27 AM

Some of the GTO Judges came with them, I know that it was an option for the early 70's Mustang Boss's. Basically any muscle car from the early 70's have them but they were usually an option so not EVERY one will have them.

#7 Guest_Turbone_*

Guest_Turbone_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 August 2003 - 01:16 AM

My 68 Firebird had the tach on the hood. It helped to keep your eyes on the road when you were - uh -doing some aggresive shifting.
Rob

#8 Guest_JwX_*

Guest_JwX_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 August 2003 - 05:26 PM

well is there a special pod thing or what?

#9 Guest_Caboobaroo_*

Guest_Caboobaroo_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2003 - 01:06 AM

yeah basically its a pod with a gauge (usually the tach) mounted on top of your hood. Trying to find them for a good price......good luck with that one

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users