Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Shock Conversion

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 LosDiosDeVerde86

LosDiosDeVerde86

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,346 posts
  • Columbus

Posted 13 January 2005 - 10:23 PM

My Legacy's a 96 with 102000 miles on it. Same shocks. I think it's time for a switch. I'd love to put outback shocks on it for the extra inch or two of ground clearance.

Anyone know if 95-98 Legacy Outback (sedan) shocks and springs will fit a 96 Legacy LS (sedan)?

#2 Legacy777

Legacy777

• 12,654 posts
  • Houston, Tx

Posted 15 January 2005 - 12:04 PM

I think if you get the entire spring/strut & strut top mounts, they should fit.

#3 GLCraig

GLCraig

Livin' the live

• Members
  • 2,706 posts
  • LV, Washington

Posted 15 January 2005 - 04:48 PM

take a look at this thread.

http://www.ultimates...ead.php?t=28163

#4 LosDiosDeVerde86

LosDiosDeVerde86

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,346 posts
  • Columbus

Posted 16 January 2005 - 01:49 PM

take a look at this thread.

http://www.ultimates...ead.php?t=28163

what about a 96 legacy ls with legacy SUS shocks and springs?

#5 superu

superu

It's All We'll Drive

• Members
  • 803 posts
  • Moab

Posted 23 January 2005 - 12:43 AM

My Legacy's a 96 with 102000 miles on it. Same shocks. I think it's time for a switch. I'd love to put outback shocks on it for the extra inch or two of ground clearance.

Anyone know if 95-98 Legacy Outback (sedan) shocks and springs will fit a 96 Legacy LS (sedan)?

I've got a 95 legacy L that i swapped for 97-99 outback struts.. its a simple pull 'em of and bolt 'em on deal, instant 2-inch factory lift...
it made my stock 185 14s look super-lame!!

I was able to easliy fit 205x75 14s in the wheel well on the stock rim, which added another inch... so now my legacy's about 9.5 inches to the rear diff...

have fun!

#6 ballitch

ballitch

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 999 posts
  • Salem, OR

Posted 29 January 2005 - 02:50 PM

what about your alignment, did it mess anything up or am i barking up the wrong tree, so to speak, and what about your odo and speedo, not to mention gearing?

~Josh~

#7 LosDiosDeVerde86

LosDiosDeVerde86

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,346 posts
  • Columbus

Posted 30 January 2005 - 02:24 PM

what about your alignment, did it mess anything up or am i barking up the wrong tree, so to speak, and what about your odo and speedo, not to mention gearing?

~Josh~

i'm not worried about the odo or anything. and by the way...what about the gearing?

i was going to ask about the alignment. how's your tire wear? what specs do you use? outback?

#8 superu

superu

It's All We'll Drive

• Members
  • 803 posts
  • Moab

Posted 01 February 2005 - 09:24 PM

~Josh~

Yea you need to do the 4-wheel allignment when your done, the height changes angles...

My speed's only about 4-5 MPH off. It reads slower now...

I lost some power from 5th , especially on hills, but then with the intake and exhaust, it cruises around town like stock tires, or a little faster... I lost some top-end but that's okay since i need to slow down some anyway...

-mark-

#9 superu

superu

It's All We'll Drive

• Members
  • 803 posts
  • Moab

Posted 01 February 2005 - 09:25 PM

i'm not worried about the odo or anything. and by the way...what about the gearing?

i was going to ask about the alignment. how's your tire wear? what specs do you use? outback?

i have a high final drive (i think i had 3.9:1), so i didn't end up losing as much as i thougt i might... send an email and i'll send pix...

#10 subie94

subie94

Major Subaru Fan..

• Members
  • 1,583 posts
  • Epsom,N.H.

Posted 22 April 2005 - 11:31 PM

I've got a 95 legacy L that i swapped for 97-99 outback struts.. its a simple pull 'em of and bolt 'em on deal, instant 2-inch factory lift...
it made my stock 185 14s look super-lame!!

I was able to easliy fit 205x75 14s in the wheel well on the stock rim, which added another inch... so now my legacy's about 9.5 inches to the rear diff...

have fun!

i am so glad to hear how yours turned out cause i want to do the same on my 94 legacy gt.:banana: were the ob struts from a wagon or sedan??

#11 LosDiosDeVerde86

LosDiosDeVerde86

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,346 posts
  • Columbus

Posted 23 April 2005 - 03:08 PM

i am so glad to hear how yours turned out cause i want to do the same on my 94 legacy gt.:banana: were the ob struts from a wagon or sedan??

check out my new thread in the offroad section. i didn't know that they moved this into the retrofitting section

i did it for the purposes of offroading...i wish they'd leave it alone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users