Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Water shorting parking lights

I had the interior of my car ('95 legacy outback wagon) steam cleaned today and now the rear tail lights and front parking lights will not turn off.

Clearly they got water into the wiring.

Anyone have any ideas where such a short might occur and how I might go about drying it out?

You were just testing us right?

I think you should still put a claim in for mental anguish and pain and suffering!

Take a deep breath...

I ought to give the mental anguish claim a go.

Thing is, do I go after Subaru for putting the idiot parking light switch in such a totally forgettable place,

Or the high school kid who flipped the switch while actually doing a very good job of cleaning spilled coffee out of the interior of my car,

Or do I sue my own brain because I (now) remember that this happened once before about 8 years ago...

I ought to give the mental anguish claim a go.

Thing is, do I go after Subaru for putting the idiot parking light switch in such a totally forgettable place,

Or the high school kid who flipped the switch while actually doing a very good job of cleaning spilled coffee out of the interior of my car,

Or do I sue my own brain because I (now) remember that this happened once before about 8 years ago...

you're safe... 8 years... statute of limitations should protect you.