Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hey Everybody,

My sister has a high km 93 legacy turbo (ej22t). After buying it she replaced the timing belt and the car's computer. The car is still running poorly. When she was having the computer installed they suggested a vaccum leak as the most likely cause of the problem. We were going to replace a leaking 02 sensor toady and I was hoping to see if we could also locate the leak. I'm on my second subaru, it like my old one isnt a turbo, so I'm not sure where to start. I haven't driven it for a while so I can't provide more detailed information. Is there a place on these engines where vaccum leaks commonly develop? Any suggestions to get us started? It would be a huge help.

Thanks alot

I neglected to mention in the earlier post that she has also recently replaced the exhaust. Prior to that we thought it was a backpressure problem that was causing the rough idle and poor running. I'll be seeing my sister in a couple of days and I'll try that. I last drove the car before the exhaust swap. After allowing it a couple of minutes for it to warm up, i pushed the throttle to about half way and it just bogged. I did this at about 50 kmphr. It did this a couple of times before picking up. This is apparently a fairly common occurence. Would this be symptomatic of a vaccum leak?

The car's computer was replaced to cure a fuel mapping malady that she was warned about from the previous owner. Is is possible she hasn't cured that problem?

We're still trouble shooting so thanks alot for any advice. I'll try legacy central as well. Thanks for the advice Josh