Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Lifted Justy

i think thats beautiful! is it real?? however i really doubt that a stock justy has enough power to turn those monster wheels anywhere other than down a hill. As for rolling backwards, im sure that could pose a problem, but it does have a really wide track, and an extremely light body, so im sure (if it has power) it could put up a damn good fight against a lot of people.

Rickdog. I guarantee you that baby doesnt get 35mpg's.

not trying to start a war, but why the hell is so many people against the justy? i mean seriously whats with the "rolleyes" and the scoffs? i know its an underdog, and in a completely different league of its own, but damn!! give them and their owners a freakin' break. what do you think the people on that pirate board do to others like, hum lets see, US , with there ***************ing that we're just a car and dont have V8s and the like? your all doing the same thing when you say "its not worth it" or "it's stupid," to people striving to have fun in the car THEY love. and to another SUBARU at that. you're either stupid, or just rude, obnoxious people.

honestly i think he has a point allot people knock justies all the time they are awsome economy cars they are the good economy cars, they have 4wd and are good in the snow, they can seat 4 people as comfortably as my xt-6 can and to top it off they can get 40 plus mpg they were a good design i and i for one say here's to them

end rant

also what's up with the power hump

that is freakin awsome

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my my... add a tcase and we got ourselves the next fj40 here... :clap:

seriously though, nice job, nice camber too, shorter is way better for off road. hey if you build it up enough, you got plenty of lift to get you most places, just slap a little bit more armor on there and just floor it and flatten some bushes and make your own trail, who needs gears when you got momentum :headbang:

grumblegrumblegrumble...don't need low range in a Justy...grumble...

Seriously, for a car that does 4K RPMs at 60MPH, I don't think the gearing is as much a problem as the length. If this thing's just going over light terrain, a little mud and such, or even beach duty, it's a great concept. Steep hills would be the only problem (or getting stuck and not having the grunt, gearing aside, to get out).

Also...Jeff...ever ridden in the back of a Justy? I am NOT knocking your car in any way--but I can say for absolutely certain that my '94 Justy seats 4 people a heck of a lot more comfortably than any XT or XT6 I've ever owned. The front seats might not be great, and the back seats aren't very well formed--but comparatively speaking the XT has NO legroom (I'm only 5'9" but have fairly long legs, so the seat in my car is always all the way back) and very limited headroom. No, it's not a wagon, but it's a far cry from an XT too.

(now if they just coulda put an H6 in it...)

i think that thing is awesome looking. i've been thinking of looking for a justy for awhile now but not to lift but something to take to the beach like sandlake or down to florence or even long beach, wa.

put a roof rack on it to carry some atv tires with rims to put on when you get there and tool around on the dunes.

anybody got one for sale. :D

• 3 weeks later...

this isnt even this guys car, ive seen this thing in person! well it was in peices cuz he rolled it, now he is, well he was working on a new one that he converted fron 2wd to 4wd. the thing is pretty damn sweet, and he said that surprisingly the thing does pretty damn well, but from what i heard he mostly took it in the sand.

this isnt even this guys car, ive seen this thing in person! well it was in peices cuz he rolled it, now he is, well he was working on a new one that he converted fron 2wd to 4wd. the thing is pretty damn sweet, and he said that surprisingly the thing does pretty damn well, but from what i heard he mostly took it in the sand.

where in seattle is it? I'm going to find it. BTW, the front bottom of that photo looks hacked.

i dont think its possible for a justy to flip going up a hill... cause they are awd right? front and back arent locked... as soon as the front tires dont have enough weigh on them to have any traction, the rear isnt gonna keep pushing and its just gonna roll back down the hill, unless you hit the brakes and then you're screwed. I personally would wheel the snot out of that thing, I like how someone put it, great "hooligan" car... when you wheel that thing your not hauling around as much weight, so I think you can get away with throwing it around a whole lot more without having to worry bout it. thats just about the perfect height, maybe just a little bit higher than it needs to go considering how short it is, I'd keep the 4" lift and try to find slightly smaller, more aggressive tires...

btw isnt this thread really old?

The justy is 4wd. Now that I've wheeled my justy a bit I would say that its unlikely that it would rollover backwards. However, it still cant hold a candle to a stock ea81/ea82 offroad. It makes almost no low end torque, and first gear is too tall. Even with the stock tires I was burning the clutch trying to get up things. It would not survive the terrain we have on the island, but it would be okay in mud or sand were the objective is to keep speed. Out here its all about crawling and really tight, steep off camber trails.

I am currently lifting my Justy! 3 1/2'' in the rear and 4'' in the front. I am working on the rear first. I have the lift in, but I need to do a couple more things to finish it up. Once the rear is done I will start on the front. I have some tires from a 99 Ford Ranger, I just need to get some 14'' rear wheel drive offset wheels to mount them on.

I am wondering how you did your lift? Can you send me some pictures of your suspension, and any parts that you modified? Also, when I lift the front will I run into any problems with the steering linkage?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

hi everyone i actually own this justy i was playin around and found the picture and that it was on this forum i actually was jumping it in the sand dunes (moses lake) and bent this one in half so to speak so i found another body and transfered all the part along with totally redoing the whole car the new one has full cage that all suspension parts are attached to adustable rear springs car lifted about 5.5" now bigger then the first camber problem has been fixed 27" tall mud tires vw inspired sprint bars and stinger stock engine with cone filter and larger exhaust 6 puck racing clutch car handles and drives climbs hill goes threw mud pit with no problem much to everybodys disbelief !! that lil engine revs like crazy ( i read else where that one of thes justy holds a land speed record) all suspension has been lowered down and custom spindles made

i hate to post a different forum but cant figure out how to post pics but i have a some pics of the new one maybe someone that knows how can post them on the post but heres the link http://subarujusty.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=talk&action=display&thread=3139

hope everyone likes the new justy i know i do!!!!!