Ultimate Subaru Message Board

update 86 turbo xt mods

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

BTW Rabin, the #'s we got on your gtech tonight are wrong, come out with me and my buddy tommorow night and i'll show you why. If we would have tested your car it probably would have shown 45hp at the wheels. Me and friend tested the car with his and the #'s are totaly different, i'm not going to say what they were. We will baseline his stock 97 z28 camaro, #'s were accurate for his car, then we'll do mine and and i'll show you what went wrong. talk to ya later.

130hp-160whp with cams and exhaust can be had, ill believe that, but what happened to 283hp at the wheels?

not to mention how did you upgrade the MAF and knock sensor system? you wont make that kind of power without modifying this somehow. im making about 200-210hp (14.6 and 14.7 gtech'd 1/4mi with somebody else in the car) to the crank with a bigger turbo, cams, IC and about a zillion and one other things...

i wish i knew your secret...

I don't have a maf by the way,(i have a vaf) also the knock sensor is off a 90 xt same as the motor. Had to modify many things and mix and match 86 to 90 and 90 to 86 to make this motor work. Also what does a knock sensor have with me making more hp, as long as its tuned right it doesn't matter if it has more hp.

Sure - we can do the Z28 with the my G-tech as well and see what the HP that car puts to the ground. Run both testers and see what's what. A big issue though is still traction and/or clutch slip that we experienced. It REALLY needs AWD and a stronger pressure plate to get more of the power to the ground.

What was missing in our numbers was a baseline car to have some sort of comparison.

My car's O2 pump had to give out though so I could't run baseline numbers.

Gimme a call later and we'll hook up and do some more testing.

Rabin