Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Paint Color For A GL Wagon?

I kinda wanted to poll everyone on what color they like the best on a EA81 GL Wagon. So far I've had gold, maroon and two white ones and I also have a silver hatch, but I think I like white on the wagons the best. I had originally planned to paint mine bright yellow (think Nissan Xterra) because I thought it would look good with the white wheels, but I wanna keep bodywork to a minimum and I think white would be best for that. Anyone have an opinion or maybe some good pictures?

BTW, had anyone seen a white brat before? There is one here in town and it's the only one I've ever seen. Just something weird that stuck in my head.

I know it sound wierd but a dark off green would look sweet! I have seen a few EA81-EA82 rolling around my town with that kind of job, and they made me think about the whole green thing.

I agree, ive also seen a dark green ea81 cruising around (Goes by the name of "The Gremlin"), and it looks pretty sexy!

Well I already have the hatch which will go back silver, I kinda want something different with the wagon. I do like the idea of a dark green, but I'm wanting a lighter color. The thing I like about the white is that it kinda "showcases" the dirt and gives it that used look. What does everyone think of the yellow idea?

• 4 weeks later...

BTW, had anyone seen a white brat before? There is one here in town and it's the only one I've ever seen. Just something weird that stuck in my head.

Yea, I had an '85, blue interior and red BRAT stripe. Mine had special grafics put on it before it went on display at the Cleveland Auto Show in March of 1985. The 'Ru display that year had 2 Brats in it, my white one and a silver one with the exact grafics. Before I 'gave' mine away it had power windows and mirrors (taken from a '84 station wagon), factory Hitachi A/C (ordered one piece at a time from Japan) and '84 GL-10 gray cloth interior (door panels and seats). Where the silver Brat is today I don't know, but I sure miss my very first Brat because it was so special. Gone but not forgotten LOL:) Gary