Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hi there,

I have a 1999 subaru forester. It is well maintained and have recently changed oil and air filter. It has 119K on it (due a 120K service soon). Lately, in the last month or so, i have noticed i have been getting significantly worse gas mileage. Not sure what it was before i started noticing the increased frquency to the pumps, but recently calculated it at about 21mpg at last fill up based on miles travelled for 12.9 gallons added.

Some have mentioned winter fuel. I do the same commute every day. about 25 miles, of which most is on fast moving highway, and about a 1/4 of the journey through city traffic.

what mpg should i expect? am i paranoid? is there something wrong with my precious?

any help much appreciated!

and drive mostly to SF. I have a 99 Forester 5MT with about 112,000 if I recall correctly. I get 24-25 in the summer and around 21-22 in the winter. We are lucky enough to get reformulated fuel pretty early in the year here becuse the wind drops down in the winter and will not clear the smog.

I got 21 mpg with my 01 Forester on a 300 mile freeway trip once. Best I've seen is 24 mpg.

In Utah with the tempature change, cars need to warm up a bit. My winter mileage is always less than summer.

Sounds to me your in the ball park with the mileage,

Glenn

82 SubaruHummer

01 Forester

Hi there,

I have a 1999 subaru forester. It is well maintained and have recently changed oil and air filter. It has 119K on it (due a 120K service soon). Lately, in the last month or so, i have noticed i have been getting significantly worse gas mileage. Not sure what it was before i started noticing the increased frquency to the pumps, but recently calculated it at about 21mpg at last fill up based on miles travelled for 12.9 gallons added.

i wish i got 21mpg. i'm getting 17.8 in my 96 legacy.