Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

New to the group

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Al5555

Al5555

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Grand Forks

Posted 21 January 2005 - 11:10 PM

I am new to the group.
I have had my subaru for about a year now and it is a 1992 Loyale and i am enjoying it alot.
Just reacently though i have had an issue with the rear passengers side tire and it has chewed up two outter seals and then just destroyed my bearing the last time to find out that the cause as far as i can tell is that it was the fault of my brake drum.
It has 4WD and the axle ground out the middle of the drum and also distroyed the center piece.
but parts are not cheap at least not the drums

#2 4WDFrenzy

4WDFrenzy

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 857 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 11:17 PM

Welcome. Hope you enjoy the wealth of info here.

Sorry to here about the wheel bearings and such.

#3 northguy

northguy

O.C.A.L. Life Member

• Members
  • 4,352 posts
  • Chugiak, AK

Posted 21 January 2005 - 11:21 PM

Welcome to the board. Send out a notice in the market place for parts.

#4 torxxx

torxxx

I void warranties

• Members
  • 2,914 posts
  • Fairbanks

Posted 21 January 2005 - 11:22 PM

welcome to the board.

so you have it fixed now? is not, my suggestion is get rid of the drum brakes. find a turbo wagon in a JY and get the rear disc brakes off of them. take eveything off down to the control arm. should be caliper, pads, rotor, rock shield and brake line. they are WAYYYYY easier to deal with then those damn drum brakes. prolly pay 30 bucks for em

and for the rear control arm thats messed up, same thing, but get it for a non turbo wagon. comes off in two bolts, an axle pin and a 17mm strut bolt.

#5 MilesFox

MilesFox

Catch this Fox!

• Members
  • 10,534 posts
  • Madison/Milwaukee, WI

Posted 22 January 2005 - 02:04 PM

you can swap out the trailing arm with that of an ea81 or ea82. of ypour ride is an ea81, you can use ea81 by making the hole bigger on the frame and using the larger bolt. i had a wheel bearing go, and it tore out the center of the bearing hubs.

if you want to ditch the drum brakes you can swap on disc brakes, or the whole trailing arm/brake assembly from a turbo ea82

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users