Ultimate Subaru Message Board

"TrashWagon 6!"

Got her runnin' last night! played hell with the timing, wasnt sure if i was on exhaust or compression stroke....

i had to pull the cap off myoss feece's ride to compare. got her to start, ran rough. come to find out thet the spark plugs on the driver's side were shot. i replaced the plugs with oned off the turbo heads.

so far i ahve NO MONEY spent in gerring it to run.

I had jim wood's spfi motor, the carb off my sedan, alternator pbracketry off zanny dook's, and odd bolts i had laying around.

i had myoss feece drive out to a county road. it started to act up, was having fuel issues. i checked out the pump, it turned put the way i had it mounted, it kinked the fuel inlet line. i re-mounted it and went down some tristies. the gl-10 swaybars corner excellently, the power steering works good, and the pushbutton 4wd works. although single range, and 3.700 gears, it is very convenient to drive, swithching in and out of 4wd on the fly between gravel and paved roads. the taller gearing keeps it in the fatter part of the power curve, and it pulls like the RX, or a 2wd 5 spd. you can get it going without winding it out.

the tach on the digital dash reads the rpm still, but i am going to put a mechanical water and oil gauge, since the connections for those are part of the mpfi harness.

i need to re-route the vacuum lines for the heater and cruese control, since the guy who puled the motor cut them off.

the clutch was questionable when i put it together, the pressure plate was glazed and had heat marks. she slipped a little, but it seems to grab a little better with a few miles behind her. it will last enough until i get a new clutch and the turbo motor put back together.

the rear brake line leaks, some of it has been replaced before me, but the right rear leaks just above the fuel pump. the brakes work good enough to stop, with the front right locking up on gravel, but i can use the parking brake to help out the brake pedal when needed.

provided I have enough money, i am going to invest in a few cans of spray paint to make it a reckognizeable TRASHWAGON 6!

josh is offering to buy the car from me, offering to pay for my licence back, but i said i want to finish the car before i let it go.

so i will try my best to stay out from behind the wheel, but i couldnt help myself and i drove it across town today. but i know at least when and when not to drive in this town, and only drive to at the beginning of the day, and from at the end of the day.

i can holler at a licensed driver if i need to go somewhere.

my new job is going to fill my pockets well, so i will have my license before too long.

so i have been back home for exactly 2 weeks, i got me a job, and another trashwagon. so now i am better off than before i left! quick recovery just like that!

Just some friendly advice on the trashwagon paint scheme, first off I love it (planned a paint scheme just like it but with red instead of orange a couple years back) but until you get your license I'd hold off on the spraypaint - don't want to draw too much attention when youd don't want to be noticed - you know what I mean??? (why our nova hasnt been washed in months, chrome is just too damn shiney!)

Anywho - glad to hear your blessed with yet another subaru trashwagon and a job :D

- Erik Hosa - Tacoma, WA -