Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

New Baja Owner with question...

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 bajaguy

bajaguy

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • PHOENIX

Posted 22 January 2005 - 10:46 PM

Hi all!
I just bought a 2005 Baja turbo gray/silver 2-tone with auto trans. While reading the owner's manual I discovered that some Bajas may have outside mirror defoggers controlled by a door-mounted switch. Mine does not have this option. Any ideas out there if this is a worthwhile option to have and if it is feasible to add-on?

#2 Seahag1978

Seahag1978

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,387 posts
  • Witch City

Posted 22 January 2005 - 10:52 PM

I just bought the same color combo, but a turbo 5 sp. Nope... I wouldn't bother... I have been in some wild weather lately and have had no problems with the mirrors. Good luck with it!

#3 Flowmastered87GL

Flowmastered87GL

WCSS Drunk

• Members
  • 6,093 posts
  • Portland, Oregon

Posted 23 January 2005 - 02:08 AM

Given that you live in Phoenix, I really doubt you would need em.

Even up here in Oregon I would only say I would need em afew times a year (had my mirrors iced over in a freezing rain storm a week ago, but thats it)

#4 operose

operose

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,264 posts
  • Potsdam

Posted 23 January 2005 - 09:26 AM

man I wish I had some of those... NNY winters are horrible with regard to my mirrors icing over... I can scrape them off, but it just ices over again

#5 hooziewhatsit

hooziewhatsit

I fix old cars

• Members
  • 1,333 posts
  • Klamath Falls

Posted 24 January 2005 - 04:53 PM

Most mornings down here everything, including the mirrors, are covered in frost and require scraping off.

A couple days ago, the pivot point on my electric mirror decided to break, probably from all the scraping done on it. Duct tape will work for a while to fix it until I get to the junkyard...

heated mirrors would be awesome.

#6 Evanism

Evanism

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Amsterdam, NY

Posted 18 May 2005 - 09:29 PM

I put these in my Legacy, then took them out and put them in my Baja....very easy, just need the heated mirrors and the and the switch.

Most mornings down here everything, including the mirrors, are covered in frost and require scraping off.

A couple days ago, the pivot point on my electric mirror decided to break, probably from all the scraping done on it. Duct tape will work for a while to fix it until I get to the junkyard...

heated mirrors would be awesome.

#7 subeman90

subeman90

Soobologist

• 2,778 posts
  • Akron PA

Posted 19 May 2005 - 05:14 AM

I don't know if this holds true for the Baja but when I bought the forester in 04 it said on the window sticker that it had mirror defrost. Well I couldn't find the button so I asked the salesman when I picked it up and he said they eliminated the button and integrated the system into the windshield deicer (the grid that is at the wipers) Try it!

#8 Sweet82

Sweet82

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 3,266 posts
  • Salt Lake City

Posted 19 May 2005 - 09:55 AM

Given that you live in Phoenix, I really doubt you would need em.

By the time you add them in after the fact, I think they'ed be real expensive.

And Your In PHOENIX :eek:

I wanted the "winter package" on our Forester, heated seats, wipers and mirrors, but the car seems to do winter just fine with out.
(doesen't mean I still don't want them) :lol:

If you can wait a few years the price of stuff like that really drops big time!!

Good Luck,
Glenn
82 SubaruHummer--w/o doors, windows, mirrors...
01 Forester--w/o winter package

#9 baja128

baja128

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • winchester

Posted 28 December 2005 - 12:39 PM

I was wondering the same thing . I just bought a baja without them, and I have an outback with them. I would rather have them. I can't figure out why Subaru left the cold weather package off the 03 baja??

#10 The Deej

The Deej

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Albany

Posted 16 January 2006 - 10:06 PM

I have an 04 outback with the cold weather package and the heated mirrors. I also live in the mountains of Colorado. Most mornings are spent scraping frost/snow/ice off all the windows and mirrors and then its a 15 min drive to work. I turn on my mirror heaters but they dont seem to have any impact on the snow or ice, so, i wouldnt front the money for them unless you just need/wany it that band!:cool:

#11 Handtool

Handtool

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 292 posts
  • Yelm

Posted 16 January 2006 - 10:57 PM

http://www.burcoinc.com/

These guys make heaters and replacement mirror glass with heaters built in (for some models) if your looking to retrofit. I did it to my '95 legacy and it is a nice upgrade for chicago winters. The hardest part was removing the mirrors from the door (impact screwdriver works wonders) and running the wires through the door sill.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users