Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

hello from texas!!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 baggyshorts

baggyshorts

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • mcallen

Posted 23 January 2005 - 01:33 PM

how's everyone? i'm new to this site, but not so new to the wonderful "soobie" world. i am proud to say that i've owned 2 soobies and am very much in love with my '86 sub GL wagon, 5 spd. (maroon). this is such a cool and very informative site. alot of useful info. passes thru here. i get the impression that alot of the members here are from the north/northeast area. does anyone know if there are members in the deep south texas area? just curious! as time goes by and now that u all have inspired me in some way, shape, or form to give my soobie a makeover. i'm gonna go the baja route. i know that i'll be coming to u all for advise and ideas. thanks for making me feel welcomed. one quick question...has any of u ever gutted out (taken out the carpeting) the interior of ur soobies, and maybe just gone without it? once again thanks dudes, baggyshorts

#2 MilesFox

MilesFox

Catch this Fox!

• Members
  • 10,611 posts
  • Madison/Milwaukee, WI

Posted 23 January 2005 - 02:57 PM

there is a lot of guys in the north west. but more and more are apperaing in the NE and midwest, i do know there are some texas people, certainly more than indiana!!! theyll post when they see this

#3 northguy

northguy

O.C.A.L. Life Member

• Members
  • 4,352 posts
  • Chugiak, AK

Posted 23 January 2005 - 03:17 PM

Welcome to the board. You'll want to link up with Calebz if possible. He's a wealth of knowledge.

#4 baggyshorts

baggyshorts

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • mcallen

Posted 23 January 2005 - 07:35 PM

thanks for making me feel welcome here. i can see that alot of u guys have alot of wisdom in ur subaroos. has anyone decided to gut out their interior like taking out the carpeting and just leaving the plain metal floor, in case u go off roading or go thru a stream and water gets in? let me know and if u have pics that would be great as well. also if my air conditioning isnt worth crap and i want to get rid of the compressor totally, can i do so without it affecting the alternator or fan/pulleys? this is on a '86 subie GL wagon. thanks again. baggyshorts

#5 nkx

nkx

Rallycross Junkie

• Members
  • 891 posts
  • Carlisle, PA

Posted 24 January 2005 - 12:38 AM

has anyone decided to gut out their interior like taking out the carpeting and just leaving the plain metal floor, in case u go off roading or go thru a stream and water gets in?

i stripped everthing rear of the front seats in my subaru :grin:. theres a few pics in my photo gallery where you can see how little is left in there.

http://www.ultimates...500&ppuser=2228

#6 4WDFrenzy

4WDFrenzy

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 857 posts

Posted 24 January 2005 - 01:01 AM

WAAAAZZZZZZZZZZZUUUUUUUUUUUPPPPPP!!!!!:lol:

Welcome!!!! I hope you enjoy this site and all it has to offer.

#7 calebz

calebz

Andys Coupe killed my cat

• Administrator
  • 7,547 posts
  • Tacoma

Posted 24 January 2005 - 01:08 AM

Welcome to the board. You'll want to link up with Calebz if possible. He's a wealth of knowledge.

I'm blushing:-p (closest thing to a blushing smilie)

Glaveston is quite a drive from here (6-7 hours or so?)

However, that 'other' board is having a statewide soob meet in Austin the last weekend of next month. I am doing everything I can to prepare teh soob for attendance.. Have yet to finalize the last step though.. Permission from the wife ;)

Welcoma aboard. Old soobs are few and far between down here.. But we're slowly filling in the gaps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users