Ultimate Subaru Message Board

hello from texas!!

how's everyone? i'm new to this site, but not so new to the wonderful "soobie" world. i am proud to say that i've owned 2 soobies and am very much in love with my '86 sub GL wagon, 5 spd. (maroon). this is such a cool and very informative site. alot of useful info. passes thru here. i get the impression that alot of the members here are from the north/northeast area. does anyone know if there are members in the deep south texas area? just curious! as time goes by and now that u all have inspired me in some way, shape, or form to give my soobie a makeover. i'm gonna go the baja route. i know that i'll be coming to u all for advise and ideas. thanks for making me feel welcomed. one quick question...has any of u ever gutted out (taken out the carpeting) the interior of ur soobies, and maybe just gone without it? once again thanks dudes, baggyshorts

thanks for making me feel welcome here. i can see that alot of u guys have alot of wisdom in ur subaroos. has anyone decided to gut out their interior like taking out the carpeting and just leaving the plain metal floor, in case u go off roading or go thru a stream and water gets in? let me know and if u have pics that would be great as well. also if my air conditioning isnt worth crap and i want to get rid of the compressor totally, can i do so without it affecting the alternator or fan/pulleys? this is on a '86 subie GL wagon. thanks again. baggyshorts

has anyone decided to gut out their interior like taking out the carpeting and just leaving the plain metal floor, in case u go off roading or go thru a stream and water gets in?
i stripped everthing rear of the front seats in my subaru :grin:. theres a few pics in my photo gallery where you can see how little is left in there.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/photos/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=2228

Welcome to the board. You'll want to link up with Calebz if possible. He's a wealth of knowledge.

I'm blushing:-p (closest thing to a blushing smilie)

Glaveston is quite a drive from here (6-7 hours or so?)

However, that 'other' board is having a statewide soob meet in Austin the last weekend of next month. I am doing everything I can to prepare teh soob for attendance.. Have yet to finalize the last step though.. Permission from the wife ;)

Welcoma aboard. Old soobs are few and far between down here.. But we're slowly filling in the gaps.