Ultimate Subaru Message Board

To all,

Especially legacy777.....i am really contemplating the neutral switch.....currently i have the nuetral on the ecu wired through my clutch pedal switch telling it when it is in neutral or not....this is working well...it only allows me to start the car when the clutch is depressed, and also it makes the clutch disengage the cruise control....

If i wire up the neutral switch from the transmission i will lose all of those features.....

What is the benifit of running the ecu through the transmission and not doing it like i have done it????

Really want to know

Thanks all

Cory

The benefit of running the ECU's neutral signal to the transmission neutral switch is that the ECU will get an accurate reading of when the transmission is in neutral.

The switch on the clutch is meant to be used as the starter interupt, not the neutral switch. It sounds like you wired both the neutral switch and the clutch interlock system up to the switch on the clutch, and wired the cruise to the other switch on the clutch.

The reality of it is that the car will probably run fine with the setup you have now. There may be some minor weirdoties....but it should run fine. Does everything run fine now?

The reality of it is that the car will probably run fine with the setup you have now. There may be some minor weirdoties....but it should run fine. Does everything run fine now?

Car runs fine....now that we got the clutch pedal smoothed out....just wondering the major benifits of changing this over since i would need to think of ways to get the cruise to disengage with the clutch and how to get the car only to start with the clutch in

it does this on its own the way it is wired now....... i just want to make sure the work i would put into it to wire it the other way is worth it.....thanks for your help as usual josh

Cory