Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Engine Starting problems after sitting.

A couple weeks ago I had trouble starting my 98 Forester when weather was cold. I got codes for camshaft and crankshaft sensors as well as one for catylist emission. We replaced the the camshaft and crankshaft sensors. Weather has warmed up a little. After replacing sensors car didn't start after sitting over the 1st weekend. Car has started and ran fine that whole week after that though. At the end of the week I got another code for Catylist emissions. We did Multi meter tests on the camshaft and crank shaft sensors connenctions and all came out fine. Car sat this past weekend and didn't start again today on first try of cranking but did start the on second try after a few seconds of cranking. Check Engine hasn't come back on yet. Anybody have any ideas what is going on?

how many miles do you have on it? Also how religious are you on the maintence?

My legacy was doing almost the same thing. But after a new fuel filter, fuel system flush, and plugs it ran awesome. Haven't had a problem since. But I'm fairly certain this might not be the case for you.

how many miles do you have on it? Also how religious are you on the maintence?

My legacy was doing almost the same thing. But after a new fuel filter, fuel system flush, and plugs it ran awesome. Haven't had a problem since. But I'm fairly certain this might not be the case for you.

I got almost 120,000 miles. Replaced Fuel Filter at 97,000. Engine reseal at 109,000 and had a allot of things on the engine replaced at the same time.