Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA82 gearshift issues

The gearshift goes too far to the left when engaging 1st gear and 2nd gear; but it seems to go to the correct distance when engaging 5th and reverse. It goes so far that it has broken the plastic surround for the gearshift. Any ideas? The problem started shortly after having the clutch replaced, but I don't think that it is bent shifting components. I know the issue with EA-81 cars has been addressed, but the assembly is different than on EA-82's.

This is a problem that we have been having for some years but I am sick of it and want to fix it.

By the way it is a 1985 GL 5-speed D/R 4WD.

Thanks, could you PM me a price? I am also interested in replacing the rear suspension bushings for my trailing arms. People can at present hear me from a mile away, last I checked they were really expensive - $60+ for one of the ones ans $40+ for the other. As you are a Sub. parts man I would have a much better idea of what I am really talking about price-wise. (I am a college student living on a student budget :) )