Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Towing an automatic "four down" using a "lube pump"

Those axle disconnects would be handy for the rear of a Soob, if you have a welded rear diff, would eliminate teh need to remove and re-install one of teh rear axles. Two would be useful to disconnect the rear diff completely, eliminating teh drag of teh rear diff and drive shaft, which would also save gas :-)

• 3 years later...

instead of locking hubs you have locking axles...I Emailed them if they could fit a unit to axle if one was to supply them with a core.Brand new Axle+shipping+whatever they charge do it.If it last long or the new axle doesn't blow up...Use old junk yard axles on other side so they ALWAYS explode first.

instead of locking hubs you have locking axles...I Emailed them if they could fit a unit to axle if one was to supply them with a core.Brand new Axle+shipping+whatever they charge do it.If it last long or the new axle doesn't blow up...Use old junk yard axles on other side so they ALWAYS explode first.

yeah, that axle lock looks like a great idea... but I'm wondering if it could stand up to wheeling... would be nice to have a locked rear and use that to get to the trails...

--Spiffy