Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Liberty visors hard to come by

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 genspec

genspec

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Wollongong NSW

Posted 24 January 2005 - 09:55 PM

Hi All,

my first post here so please be gentle :) I have tried many searches but not found much that helps me. I have a 92 Liberty GX AWD. Both the sun visors are broken. The shaft on the passenger side one is completely broken and the driver's side one won't stay up.

I am having a terrible time trying to find replacement parts. the local Subaru dealer wants $205 AUD each and the wreckers quoted me $220 AUD for the pair. Unfortunately, the wrecker, who told me that he had some available, got back to me later to say that the parts were no longer in the car.

I have talked to another wrecker since and was told that this is a known problem with this car and the visors are generally the first parts to go when they get one in for wrecking.

Does anybody know if there are visors from another vehicle that may be easier to come by that will fit ?

Any help would be MUCH appreciated. You don't realise how much you use the visors until you don't have them.

Regards

#2 genspec

genspec

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Wollongong NSW

Posted 01 February 2005 - 07:22 AM

It would seem that what is known as the Liberty in Australia is known as the Legacy elsewhere.

Just checking to see if anybody has any ideas ?

#3 Legacy777

Legacy777

• 12,689 posts
  • Houston, Tx

Posted 01 February 2005 - 09:02 AM

All the first gen legacies/liberties have the same problem. The shaft that the visor is on is made out of plastic, and uses a cornered edge to keep the visor up. Over time, this edge wears, and the visor won't stay up.

I've tried mucking with it, and never really got it to work properly. I ended up buying a new visor.

#4 libby94

libby94

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • melbourne

Posted 13 September 2005 - 07:30 AM

There are some on ebay at the moment....I got mine from EKW wreckers in Melbourne and they were $80 each.

Hi All,

my first post here so please be gentle :) I have tried many searches but not found much that helps me. I have a 92 Liberty GX AWD. Both the sun visors are broken. The shaft on the passenger side one is completely broken and the driver's side one won't stay up.

I am having a terrible time trying to find replacement parts. the local Subaru dealer wants $205 AUD each and the wreckers quoted me $220 AUD for the pair. Unfortunately, the wrecker, who told me that he had some available, got back to me later to say that the parts were no longer in the car.

I have talked to another wrecker since and was told that this is a known problem with this car and the visors are generally the first parts to go when they get one in for wrecking.

Does anybody know if there are visors from another vehicle that may be easier to come by that will fit ?

Any help would be MUCH appreciated. You don't realise how much you use the visors until you don't have them.

Regards

#5 tailgatewagon

tailgatewagon

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,058 posts
  • Bozeman, MT

Posted 25 September 2005 - 11:18 PM

what coolor? ive got a pass side one right now.. and could find a drivers for probably 45.00 us total for the pair....... if your still in need...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users