Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New addition to the family

Turbone

Got it home Sat night, drove all the way from PDX with no radio, just the hum of 30in Swampers. Got some work to do on it, mostly minor stuff.

But there is one issue I need to deal with ASAP.

I took it out last night just down the street from where its been cleared some what. There was a path that the looging truck had made so I followed it back to the end and was turning around to come out. Well, it was probably the worst part of the road and I didnt turn sharp enough and dropped the front end in a deep hole and high centered it at the same time. No traction at all, and you know why?

OPEN DIFF :banghead:

I knew it, and shouldnt have even gone back there by myself and with out any recovery gear. Had my cell phone with me(duh) and gave a call to Qman. He was out there pretty quick and had me back on the path in no time.

Theres no way this rig is going to follow the HP with it stup like this. But I got her good and dirty :D

dsc00019.jpg

dsc00020.jpg

Yer new avatar and that car belong together. Small and stout. "Very dangerous over short distances". Now you need some Mythril rims, the ultimate in Middle-Earth bling.

Can you take a pic of the underbody armor? I've been wondering what's going on with that car everytime I seen a pic.

Ah yes, a solid sheet of Mithril from the bumper back to the x-member and about 18in wide. Didnt keep me from getting high centered last night tho :rolleyes: Hmm, should I name it Gimli? Or one of his kin?

I've got some time (not much) before the HP starts to get real serious, I'll have it setup better. With my tow strap and come along.

This is the original thread from the Marketplace.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=28671

I have the Hatch, he has my old truck.

Ah so you scored that fine rig! Good form sir.

And yes; offroading by yourself w/o recover gear is asking for trouble. Atleast you had a cell phone and good friends just a phone call away. I should get me one of them thar fancy cordless phones :lol: Got a CB but nobody uses those hardly anymore :(

Time to weld'er'up :drunk:

Does this mean your signature is going to get even wider? Not sure if my monitor will handle a 1768x1024 resolution :))

Great lookin rig, no doubt that thing will follow the HP everywhere they go.

-Brian

I can handle up to 1400x1050 so stretch it out if you like :)

BTW nice ride. Can't wait till I can get back in a suby.