Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!
|Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.
We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!
Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!
2.5 Head Bolt Torque
Posted 23 August 2003 - 12:45 PM
Haynes says to turn all bolts 180 degrees then turn all bolts another 180 degrees.
Motors says just turn the bolts 180 degrees once.
I'd sure hate to do this incorrectly - can anyone tell me the proper procedure? Thanks in advance.
Posted 23 August 2003 - 01:07 PM
from factory service manual:
Tighten cylinder head bolts.
(1) Apply a coat of engine oil to washers and bolt threads.
(2) Tighten all bolts to 29 N⋅m (3.0 kg-m, 22 ft-lb) in numerical sequence.
Then tighten all bolts to 69 N⋅m (7.0 kg-m, 51 ft-lb) in numerical sequence.
(3) Back off all bolts by 180° first; back them off by 180° again.
(4) Tighten bolts 1 and 2 to 34 Nm (3.5 kg-m, 25 ftlb).
(5) Tighten bolts 3 , 4 , 5 and 6 to 15 Nm (1.5 kg-m, 11 ft-lb).
(6) Tighten all bolts by 80 to 90° in numerical sequence.
Do not tighten bolts more than 90°.
(7) Further tighten all bolts by 80 to 90° in numerical sequence.
Ensure that the total “re-tightening angle” [steps (6) and (7) above] do not exceed 180°.
bolt 1 is middle top
bolt 2 is middle bottom
bolt 3 is left top
bolt 4 is right bottom
bolt 5 is left bottom
bolt 6 is right top
Posted 23 August 2003 - 02:25 PM
Posted 23 August 2003 - 04:46 PM
Posted 24 August 2003 - 01:51 PM
Posted 26 August 2003 - 05:16 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users