Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EBC Issues

WJM

Ok, here's the deal...

Ive had these EBC Greens on the RX for about...10,000 miles now. No issues with stopping or anything, they stop great!

BUT...since they are for the 90-95 legacy, early Imprezas with the small brake package...they dont quite fit like the stock pads for the Leones do...they are a tad loose....where as the stockers are nice and tite y0!

After this many miles of use...they have started to 'slide around' in the bracket...making a loud CLACK noise during initial brake application, and sometimes under normal cruising they will rattle around...making more noise.

Since EBC doesnt make ANYTHING for the Leone...I went with this legacy/impreza application...its not good for long term street usuage....especially for those who want ultra reliability and quiet operation....

So...looks like I am going to start making a SERIOUS push for the Carbotech stuff. I myself think I will go with the P+'s.

CARBOTECH PANTHER P+ brake pads for 2004 STi with Factory Brembo Brakes. A high torque brake compound delivering reliable and consistent performance over a very wide operating temperature range (150F to 1300F). Advanced compound matrix provides an excellent initial "bite", high coefficient of friction (0.54-0.56), and very progressive brake modulation and release characteristics. Extremely high fade resistance, very rotor friendly, excellent cold stopping power, and low noise when hot or cold. Primarily designed for track use, but can also be used with good results on the street.

As for everyone else who doesnt drive like its a GT race to work, to lunch, back to work, back to home...etc...these Bobcats would be the superness over what you can get in parts stores and so on..

CARBOTECH Bobcat brake pads for WRX. Carbotech is very pleased to announce the development and release of its newest high performance compound, Bobcat (1521). Intended as a high performance street/autocross material, testing on track has established it is track worthy in a moderate temperature environment. 40-60% more stopping power! The outstanding characteristics of this material are:

1) Extremely low dusting on the street

2) Excellent cold stopping, as low as 35 degrees F

3) Fade resistant to at least 900F

4) Very rotor friendly over entire temperature range

5) Very quiet over broad range of line pressure inputs

6) Incredibly firm pedal feel and excellent initial bite.

There is also the XP pads...really track only...

CARBOTECH PANTHER XP brake pads for 2004 STi with Factory Brembo Brakes. An extremely high torque brake compound with a wide operating temperature range (200F to 1450F+). Unparalleled initial bite at race temperatures, high coefficient of friction (0.58-0.60), excellent modulation and release characteristics, extremely high fade resistance, very rotor friendly and excellent wear rates. Designed for race/track use with R-compound, but can be driven to and from the race track if necessary; not intended as an aggressive street pad.

The EBC greens are good to about 1022*F...and I DO get higher than that...I encountered fade a few times with these pads...YES...the rotors were VERY well glowing red....and the EBCs have worn the rotors down a decent bit as well...bobcats DONT....unless you get them above 1200*F... :eek: I think the P+'s will suit me alot better, as I will be doing some track events at some point.

So...once again...any interest?????

man......brakes...they only slow you down!

you might want to look up Williams Performance Friction...they have a website..

they are up here in Canada, and will make you basically whatever you want. The company is a supporter of the Solo series up here, and have several auto-x specific compounds available.

Send them an email with what you are looking for.

man......brakes...they only slow you down!

you might want to look up Williams Performance Friction...they have a website..

they are up here in Canada, and will make you basically whatever you want. The company is a supporter of the Solo series up here, and have several auto-x specific compounds available.

Send them an email with what you are looking for.

I'll check that out...but I need something thats good for autox...BUT will handle more than 1200*F.

good luck...anything that will handle that type of temperature needs heat to work well, and isn't going to be the greatest in an auto-x application.

you really need to change pads to get the most out of your situation.

if you are getting them to 1200 on the street.......well....take it to the track, and you'll be able to change the pads in the pits at the track before your session.