Ultimate Subaru Message Board

power door locks... I 'm gettin' to love this place

two days of owning a '96 OBW. The remote may have worked (just heard the click & watched the lights)... but stopped (I guess). I tried to manipulater from inside driver door... all doors locked but only driver's opened. so I replaced the battery. lights flashed again & heard the clicking. All doors lock but only driver's door unlocks...

Any suggestions? Reprogramming the remote? I trust you guys... most of you, anyway.

Later,

Peter

Also this one seems to have more "pep" then the '99 30th anniversary edition (both 2.5's)... but no heated seats.

Yeah, tried that... not the answer.

Later,

Peter

Have you tried holding down the unlock button until you hear them unlock twice? Not two pushes - but one continuous long push.

99 Forester requires this to unlock ALL locks. One push/click only gets you the drivers side door. Sometimes its a little fussy.

-kurt

two days of owning a '96 OBW. The remote may have worked (just heard the click & watched the lights)... but stopped (I guess). I tried to manipulater from inside driver door... all doors locked but only driver's opened. so I replaced the battery. lights flashed again & heard the clicking. All doors lock but only driver's door unlocks...

Any suggestions? Reprogramming the remote? I trust you guys... most of you, anyway.

Later,

Peter

Also this one seems to have more "pep" then the '99 30th anniversary edition (both 2.5's)... but no heated seats.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=20661

Check out this thread, know issue with Subaru’s.

There is no double press needed on 1st generation legacy remotes.

Check out my web site, I have a write up on how to fix this issue.

http://www.rweddysolutions.com/Subaru96fix

Reprogramming the remote? I trust you guys... most of you, anyway.

Later,

Peter

WEll, as it turned out... I only needed to reset the the button beneath the dash while turning the key & pressing the remote while hanging upside down on the driver's side floor...

ACTUALLY it only needed to be reprogrammed for some unknown reason.

RWEDDY, I had just downloaded your link info (had a question regarding that) thinking that it would be my fun thing to do next Monday...

So, here's to another Subaru OBW Phase I success story.

Later,

Peter