Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

lack of power in my EA81

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Phizinza

Phizinza

Yip yip

• Members
  • 3,867 posts
  • South Australia

Posted 27 January 2005 - 10:51 PM

After changing the thrust bearing my car lost power (well i think it was after then, I've been forgeting so much latly :-\ ).
I have an 89 EA81 Brumby/Brat with Twin Webbers, Ground Cam, Bigger Better Valves. When I got it, a couple of weeks back I got all 4 wheels spinning on the dirt. Now when I try it just takes off. I also found its just so sluggish, goes about as well as my bothers 350,000KM 2L stock ford telstar that I rolled a few months back.
I've checked the carbies fuel jets, they are both working. I checked the sparke plug leads, seems fine. I checked the timming, was out, but after adjustment, it didn't go any better. What can I do next?

Also the ute has an Leone dash (for the tacho many, I think.) the voltmeter reads about 11.5V's most of the time, the tempmeter doesn't move unless I rev the engine alot, the oilpresure meter does the same as the tempmeter and the speedo reads higher then I'm going, which isn't too bad as I'm putting bigger tyres on it for offroad so it might get back in to the right speed. What can I do the fix the gadges reading low expet the speedo?

#2 Ross

Ross

Can't be bothered

• Members
  • 1,865 posts
  • Christchurch, New Zealand

Posted 27 January 2005 - 11:23 PM

Check for vacuum leaks, and check the vacuum and centrifugal advance on the distributer.
Does the engine lack power over the entire rev range, or just some of it?

#3 Phizinza

Phizinza

Yip yip

• Members
  • 3,867 posts
  • South Australia

Posted 27 January 2005 - 11:28 PM

All of it. vacuum and centrifugal advance seems ok on the distributer. But not 100% sure, I will check that out next.

All of the rev range.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users