Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Got a new car!!! WOOHOOO!!!!

Well, last night my wife and I ventured up to Norman,OK to a place called Big Red Sports & Imports, with some friends of ours. We went there originally looking at a 99 Outback(N/A) for $10,988. We were just looking for something that was a little more reliable than the GL-10, nothing fancy, just the basics. The salesman, Kory, helped us out a bunch. But when it came time to look get financing done, the bank wouldn't give us the loan. Kory told us that it was because of the car's mileage(82K). So he asked us if there was anything else we would be interested in. My wife then blurts out, "what about the '02 WRX wagon?" Kory said," Well, lets go check it out." We proceeded out to the lot and he asked me if I had ever driven a WRX. I replied,"No, but I have ridden in one before." He said, "Good. Then you won't mind driving this one." Then he told me,"Get in!" I was kinda nervous, but no big deal though. He gave me a directions to get to this one little side road. Then he said to me, "Go ahead and open her up. I took one of the STi's down this road yesterday. This is a great road to rip up and down!" So I did as he said. The car was amazing. It handled like there was no tomorrow through the turns and the boxer engine's long continuous pull felt great. A few minutes later we went back to the dealership. He asked," Do you like this one?" My wife and I were all smiles and nodding yes. He then said,"Good, good. Then lets get the paperwork out of the way so you two can get this thing on the way home tonight." After that, everyone basically bent over backwards to get us into the car for the price and payments that we wanted. Thirty minutes or so later we were in the car, with a full tank of gas, smiles on our faces, and on our way home in the car that we wanted. If anyone is local and looking into a new car, hit up Big Red Sports & Imports. I can promise you that you won't be sorry.

*Edit*: I posted the wrong year of the vehicle. It is an '02, not an '03. Sorry about the mixup.:cool:

I apologize to 4wdfrenzy and to the rest of the contributors for the tone and content of my comment in this thread. It was inappropriate.

I owe a debt of gratitude to those who take the time to contribute something positive and informational to this board.

I did neither.

mike

Congrats. Good score. But this should be in new generation.

Ummmm, NO. I wanted to let everyone here in the Older Gen. Forum know that I got a new car. Not to be rude, but I'm not asking questions about it or anything, just giving some information to those who already know of my situation with my GL-10 from my other post(Gettin' a little tired of my wagon). That is why it was posted in the older gen. forum, that's all.

Let me get this straight. The bank would not approve you for ten thousand dollar loan, so says the dealer, but they would approve you for a much larger loan, says the dealer? In a lot of states,what "Kory" just did to you would be illegal unless you and "Kory" were married.!!!

Well, this was because the mileage was too high for the year(1999 w/ 82,000). Kory didn't do it, the bank did it. Besides they(Bank) have the final say-so, not the dealership.