Ultimate Subaru Message Board

how hard is it to find a 1990-1994 legacy with a 2.2 turbo? i just want to buy the car and get the turbo and stuff off of it for my OBS. i tried ebay and autotrader but they both had em for over 3 grand.
They are somewhat rare, not super hard to find.

Are you going to swap the entire engine in?

Your normal 2.2 will not hold up with a turbo if you just takes the parts off and do the swap btw.

The best bet would be to dig, dig, dig on the phone with salvage yards. There are some parts locator services on the web, but I'd get phone listings and call away. The ideal scenario would be to find one in an area where Subaru doesn't really have a big name. A 94 wrecked Subaru in lots of rural places--especially in the South--is pretty much worthless. If you find one you could probably get it much cheaper than if someone found one for you as a service. Plus, if you wanted to pull the turbo out yourself--which is what you want to do--buying a wrecked donor car would be a lot cheaper than one on the road.

how hard is it to find a 1990-1994 legacy with a 2.2 turbo? i just want to buy the car and get the turbo and stuff off of it for my OBS. i tried ebay and autotrader but they both had em for over 3 grand.
"i just want to buy the car and get the turbo and stuff off of it", Don't all of us Subaru freaks!!

There is one in your general neck of the woods:

http://www.barlowauto.com/

They are in Rainer, WA and it $600 with 96,ooo miles.

Poke around, you are bound to find one if you are patient. Right now there are 3 on eBay but too much $$.

Good luck,

Greg