Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I installed a K&N airfilter in my 2000 legacy gt limited a few months ago. Is it nornal to be hearing a rattle noise when the accelerator is pushed now? Is there a fix for this? This noise only started once the K&N was installed. Or is there another brand of air filter that people would recommend and not make the rattling noise?

Thanks for the help

Ben

Or is there another brand of air filter that people would recommend and not make the rattling noise?

Thanks for the help

Ben

The ones from the dealer or the Purilator ones from Auto Zone work fine, and they don't have big holes in them like the K&N, so there is less chances of larger dirt particles getting into your engine.

FWIW, I put a K&N in my '97 OB maybe 30k miles ago and am happy with it, no rattle for me. I did find it a little tricky getting it in there and closed up nice and tight.

I installed a K&N airfilter in my 2000 legacy gt limited a few months ago. Is it nornal to be hearing a rattle noise when the accelerator is pushed now? Is there a fix for this? This noise only started once the K&N was installed. Or is there another brand of air filter that people would recommend and not make the rattling noise?

Thanks for the help

Ben